Change Manager, Information Technology
We are a fast paced, collaborative team of Project Managers and Technology Learning Specialists who are highly devoted to our craft, however we are not complete. We are seeking an experienced change management professional to lead change management initiatives for the delivery of employee-facing experiences across Slalom. They will focus on the people side of change across the projects within Global Teams project portfolio – including changes to business processes, systems, and technology. The Change Manager will also help build an Organizational Change Management function to support internal initiatives by adapting methodology, establishing governance and developing repeatable toolkits.
The Change Manager will be involved at the beginning of programs and projects to ensure change management activities are integrated. They will create and implement change strategies and the supporting plans for each assigned project to maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance – and be happy working at both the strategic and tactical level. The Change Manager will build the relationships needed across these teams to increase engagement from key stakeholders. They will coach leaders and executives to help them fulfill their role as change sponsor(s).
You may be a candidate for this role if:
- You take ownership and get things done.
- You are an adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments.
- You are team oriented and like to laugh (a good sense of humor is required!).
- You have a thorough understanding of change management principles but know when to not over-engineer.
- Apply a structured change methodology across the portfolio and establishing best practices
- Contribute to the build of an Organization Change Management function to support programs and projects across Global Teams, including methodology and toolkit development
- Coordinate with business leaders, program and project managers, and training specialists across the portfolio to integrate Change Management activities into program and project delivery plans
- Collaborate across the organization to embed change management practices across all key functional areas
- Create communication plans, key messages and content for projects across the portfolio
- Partner with the Corporate Communications team for employee-facing communications
- Develop content and materials, including process guides, FAQs, job aids, instructional guides, portal content, playbooks, and presentations
- Identify the need for additional Change Management resources on larger projects, as needed
- Manage and coach the supporting Change Management roles, as needed
- Assess change impact of initiatives across the portfolio in order to streamline impacts and reduce change fatigue
- Identify change impacts of projects across the portfolio to identify stakeholders & the sponsor(s) needed to engage and support change
- Support, engage, and coach project sponsors on their role(s) related to change management
- Provide guidance to leaders and project team members, as required, to help them drive change effectively and achieve intended business outcomes
- Support project success by leading stakeholder outreach and engagement efforts to ensure awareness, understanding, buy-in, and support
- Identify and analyze anticipated objections, and create mitigating strategies
- Define and measure success metrics and track progress of change initiatives
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years change management experience
- Change management experience within internal operation functions, including IT
- Change management certification or designation such as Prosci Certified Change Practitioner or ACMP Certified Change Management Professional preferred but not required
- Management consulting experience is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Strong understanding of the change process and how people experience and respond to change differently
- Experience with large-scale organizational change
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels and ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Strong understanding of the different ways that people learn and how to apply that to both communications and training plans to accommodate and address those needs
- Easily adaptable to new environments and embrace ambiguity
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to engage and influence people towards a common vision or goal
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships – both in person and remotely
- Must have a collaborative working style
- Ability to articulate messages and adapt communication style to a wide variety of audiences.