North Highland has a mantra: Unleash Potential Together. For our clients, it means we challenge thinking and build capabilities so that after each engagement, they are left stronger and inspired to do more. With our colleagues, it means fostering an environment where bringing, shaping, growing and sharing ideas isn’t just encouraged—it’s expected. And within our communities, it means we give of our skills, time and passion to make them more prosperous.
This position is focused on helping clients successfully manage project-related changes in their organization. This is a Change Management Network Lead role. Successful candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity, be detail oriented and have a firm grasp on cultural implications related to the organization's change initiatives. The successful candidate must also have experience launching and managing a broad change management network and the ambiguity, details and cultural understanding of the changes.
- Developing and executing an organizational change approach for well-defined low complexity projects or program workstreams using a defined methodology, including sponsorship, communications, training, reinforcement and resistance management.
- Developing and executing project plans
- Managing self or a small team of client and/or consultant personnel
- Partnering with clients or project team to mitigate resistance, sponsorship, and communication issues
- Developing partnership relationships with manager/director level client personnel
- Preparing and managing the delivery of quality deliverables
- Maintaining a high degree of cross-functional team coordination
- Developing professional network through association memberships and community activities
- 3+ years of management consulting, advisory, professional services or equivalent experience executing organizational change related projects
- Organizational change management skill and experience
- Experience with implementing organization change using a defined methodology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Master's degree and/or professional certifications are advantageous.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within the company; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with professional staff, mid-level executives and the community at large.
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
Job Number: JO-1812-9420