$200K — $250K *
Reporting to the Construction Lead, the primary role of the Change Management Engineer is to assist the Construction Lead in managing the Change Management Program and carrying out financial audits and checks on estimates prepared by the CM and its’ subcontractors. Reports to: GTx2 Construction Lead
Responsible for performing project cost engineering functions including:
• Assist with compiling detailed budget estimates for client generated change orders (Variances) and be conversant with all major cost disciplines including process equipment, trade contract packages, automation, commissioning and all in-directs.
• Provide full assistance to the Construction Lead in all aspects of Field Generated changes and its applications with regards to commercial, technical, and services of the project. Prepares weekly and monthly inputs to Construction Lead as required.
• Review and approval of Contract award and Change Order valuations prepared by the CM and its’ subcontractors. Facilitates the Change Management program by reviewing changes with the Technical Leads to determine and confirm whether the change is in scope or out-of-scope. Provides thorough review of proposed labor, equipment, and material estimates. Ensures hourly rates, proposed staffing and material costs are in compliance with originally approved rates for labor and material. Escalates any potential discrepancies/disputes to the appropriate technical group and/or upper management for resolution as necessary.
• Maintains the Variance Log for all client and Construction/Field Condition changes.
• Review payment requisitions, walk the project, assess percentage of work complete with the project field supervisors and appropriate trade companies and make any adjustments as required.
• Provides financial audits of all proposed subcontractor awards (Recommendation for Award), and previously awarded sub-contracts. Reviews all bid-packages contain full back-up documentation (audit proof) to support awarding of subcontractor packages.
• Maintain database files (Turn Over Packages) for review and record purposes.
• Review contract close out administration and ensures that contractors meet their contractual requirements.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent level of industry based experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position with at least 15 years overall experience.
• Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
• Good knowledge of Contract law and disputes resolution process.
• Capable of controlling major equipment and trade contract packages.
• Experience with change management in large scale construction projects (>$100MM)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• An ability to deal with process change and implement new effective processes
• An ability to work through peers and across organizational boundaries and influence at all levels in the business
Valid through: 8/21/2020