Acts as an organizational change management (OCM) consultant to strategic, operational and continuous improvement projects and initiatives which require significant changes for employees in order to be effective. The Performance & Change Consultant is also a strategic, trusted advisor to internal departments and leaders in order to help grow change management capability across the organization and support business strategy. The consultant also helps support more junior change practitioners through onboarding, training and mentoring. Finally, they own goals and objectives related to the growth of the Change Management Office overall.
- OCM assessments & resourcing - Assesses the change management need and risk level on new projects and initiatives and then makes recommendations for resourcing; supports OCM manager with resourcing identification and selection as needed
- Helps prioritize project intake
- Assigned to consulting level initiatives to achieve success and increased organizational change capability. The Consultant typically owns OCM planning activities, while the project team owns execution. Depending on the need of the initiative, deliverables could include but are not limited to:
- A Vision and Case for Change
- Change Strategy & Plan
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Change Impact Assessment
- Sponsorship Alignment
- Milestones/Roadmap Planning
- Success/Readiness Metrics
- Acts as a strategic account owner to key departments or business units to help achieve business objectives and increase their change agility
- Owns and drives self-service workshops and supporting tools as needed
- Supports change portfolio management through collection of change impact and saturation data; and drives conversations with leaders to help them make informed decisions on intake and management
- Serves in an advisory capacity for projects and departments that may not have an OCM resource
- Supports the CMO with building enterprise capability through delivering on goals and objectives.
- Assists in managing external vendors as needed
- Builds relationships, effective teams, and networks that extend throughout the company
- Onboard, train and mentor new hires and less experienced change practitioners
- Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Participates in emergency response efforts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or technology; or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- 7 years of experience successfully leading/implementing multi-disciplined projects and initiatives.
- 7 years of experience utilizing high-involvement process improvement or change management techniques/tools.
- Certification in both structured and informal process improvement or change management methodologies.
- Demonstrated passion for continuous improvement.
- Experience facilitating large groups.
- Ability to quickly build trust and value-based relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. Understanding of change management concepts and techniques. Strong coaching and influencing skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast paced environment. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a part of a team to drive results.
- Excellent coaching and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the ability to present information in a professional manner.
- Ability to prepare and present to the director/executive level.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- MBA, or related post graduate degree/coursework
- Change management or associated organizational leadership and/or development experience – specifically working through organizational design and workforce transition efforts
- Certification in project management.
- Experience/certification in both structured and informal process improvement methodologies
- 3-5 years past consulting experience or commiserate customer facing experience preferred
- Experience managing a portfolio of activities within a project or team; previous experience in setting priorities and balancing competing deadlines desired.
- Experience mentoring or managing employees