Magna Powertrain is a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in powertrain design, development, testing and manufacturing. Offering complete system integration sets us apart from our competitors. An operating group of MagnaInternational, Magna Powertrain is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with 50 pluslocations globally.
This role leads and adheres to the change management process for Driveline Systems North America for the assigned programs. This individual will work closely with all functions, includingother Change Managers globally, Program Management, ProductEngineering, Advanced ManufacturingEngineering, Purchasing, Launch Management, Logistics, etc. to lead all respective Change Requests from inception through to launch.
1. Change Management Analyst for all Driveline Systems North America.
a. Ensure that system is being utilized for all customer, internal, and supplier driven permanent changes and temporary deviation requests, VAVE proposals, PCO proposals, and quoting and release requests for programs in both development and production.
b. Ensure that change management meeting cadence is occurring, while tracking attendance and noting open issues and tasks, to maintain sufficient coverage of changes.
c. Report out on metrics by program team and escalate where necessary.
d. Track and oversee assigned Change Requests to receive team feedback and approval in timely manner for on-time implementation and to complete full change request disposition within timing plan created by Program Manager.
e. Track changes through implementation
f. Work with Operational Change Management at the affected plant(s) to ensure that changes are aligned prior to, and after release, and that breakpoint / traceability data is added to system.
2. Responsible to conduct “Where-Used” analysis of assigned Change Requests .
a. Communicate and work with Change Management Analysts from other global regions if impacted.
3. Support enhancements and updates of Global PLM Change Management System.
4. Create and maintain Change Orders for engineering to perform drawing updates.
5. Ensure that engineering drawing updates are accurate against the respective Change Requests / Change Order and release to affected plant ERP systems for implementation.
a. Work with appropriate engineering roles to resolve issues, if necessary.
6. Create and/or update Engineering Bill-of-Materials in SAP PLM for programs in production.
a. Work with engineering configuration management team to ensure accuracy prior to release.
7. Planning and Execution of monthly Change Management Reporting and Reviews.
a. Open Change Requests by Status, Affected Plant, Status and Calendar Week.
b. Change Requests created year-to-date by Calendar Week.
c. Review which users are still pending feedback per open Change Request.
e. CR Processing Time / Aging.
f. Total days that Change Request is considered “Open”.
8. Good understanding of Program Financial Reporting.
9. Support Program Management team as requested.
10. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
11. Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
12. Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
13. Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
14. Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
15. Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
16. Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
17. Health & Safety responsibilities:
o Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
o Report unsafe conditions immediately.
o Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
o Follow safety rules.
o Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
o Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
18. Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
19. Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
20. Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
21. Complete additional duties andresponsibilitiesas assigned.
Knowledge and Education
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. PLM experience.
3. SAP experience preferred
4. Exceptional MS Office skills.
5. Strong planning and analytical skills.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as teamwork skills.
7. Supervisory experience preferred.
8. Experience in powertrain systems preferred.
1. Minimum four (4) years related work experience.
2. Extensiveexperience in change management process, from inception through implementation, especially related to Automotive.
Skills and Competencies