Reporting to the VP, State Operations and Partnerships, the Chancellor directs the overall state operational strategy and oversight for client to become the premier university among students, states, communities, and employers in delivering high quality education and graduates that meet workforce needs. The Chancellor serves as the internal and external client executive for the state with accountability for all state operations, P&L, directing the day-to-day activities and achieving long-term state goals and objectives. The chancellor expands local and state-sponsored access to client by building deep community connections through students, alumni and partnership alignment, resulting in extraordinary brand awareness and workforce competencies. As a leader, influences long-term vision, defines and executes operating priorities, while consistently delivering results.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Establish and grow brand awareness and enrollment, and advance client's reputation for excellence in the state by representing client as an accessible, affordable, high quality workforce related higher education to community businesses, organizations, educational and political leaders.
- Develop a high-powered, state organization. Recruit and develop high performing talent and individuals. Manage direct reports and other employees through coaching, training and motivation to achieve results.
- Lead effective, cross-functional collaboration with other client leaders and departments in order to resolve state issues as they arise.
- Ensure state goals are achieved.
- Influence the definition, and guide the development of client's ?flywheel? for the state by developing relationships that drive value for client, employers, students and alumni.
- Project executive presence and deliver presentations as a thought leader in higher education.
- Develop and execute a deep, state partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of client.
- Develop and manage all aspects of P&L.
- Manage and support client facilities as requested.
- Expand funding options and create ability to attract philanthropic support.
- Authentically reflect and portray the mission of client.
- Innovation ? is able to develop new ideas that will enhance state success, and align with and enable the transformation of client into its next phase of impact and scale.
- Execution and results oriented ? is focused on results, not just activity. Exceptional skill and demonstrated success in delivering and improving quality and results in a senior leadership role.
- Earns trust ? is exceptional and persuasive using communication skills, oral and written, in addressing internal and external audiences; delivers on commitments.
- Managerial breadth ? demonstrated extensive management/operating experience.
- Negotiation ? can negotiate and influence skillfully and professionally in tough situations with both internal and external groups while maintaining relationships.
- Team and individual development ? defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging; hires and develops top talent and future client leaders.
- Managerial courage ? willingly tackles difficult topics and conventional thinking; doesn?t hold anything back that needs to be said.
- Student focus ? the ability to always keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Makes decisions and guides efforts to improve and expand value for students and employers.
Minimum Master?s degree, Doctorate strongly preferred.
7-10 years of executive experience in roles of progressive responsibility. Proven track record of operational success in a business or education entity and increased year over year growth. Strong community and government networks are required.
Ability to travel throughout the state on a regular basis, as much as 80% of the time. Travel to Salt Lake City, Utah is also required on a quarterly basis.