CH-53K flight Test Configuration Manager
Job Description :
The CH-53K Program has a unique opportunity to join the Flight Test Team located at Pax River, MD as a Configuration Manager.
The Configuration Manager will be working “Flight Clearance Daily Configuration Control” for the CH-53K test aircraft located at Pax River, ensuring that the “as tested” configuration is in accord with the Interim Flight Clearance (IFC) (NAIVAIR “as cleared” configuration).
The positon will require working closely with Engineering, Test and Operations to identify changes that impact flight test aircraft and track the changes through to installation/removal from aircraft, as well as the impact to the NAVAIR cleared configuration for flight test.
This position is for a 18- 24 month assignment at Pax River, MD after which the incumbent will be assigned to a similar position in the Configuration Management organization at one of Sikorsky’s facilities.
As the Pax River assignment is temporary, there will be a defined “Transition” package that covers certain costs related to lodging, meals, travel and other expenses for the duration of the assignment at Pax River.
• Flight Aircraft Configuration Tracking System (FACTS) oversight and daily FTEWA review for test aircraft (Flight Clearance Daily Configuration Control).
• Daily Aircraft IFC Flight Status Reports to Aircraft Managers (ACMs).
• Work with System Engineering to track Engineering Change (EC) or Redline Drawings approved by NAVAIR and reconcile/align with Aircraft Maintenance, Flight Test Schedule and Flight Clearance Requests.
• Coordinated Release of Aircraft Maintenance and/or other EIs, as required, in support of Aircraft Flight Test schedules.
• Configuration Audits (“as tested” vs. “as cleared”) as required.
• Preparation of Aircraft Baselines or Configuration Reports, including EBOMs, MBOMs, EC status, Redline Status and other requests as required..
• Support Flight Clearance status and briefing meeting.
• Act as backup for System Engineering activities and tasks.
Other areas of responsibility include:
Work with design personnel to provide task specific guidance in the areas of Bill of Material (BOM) development, product definition documentation selection/use and configuration change control.
Monitor/perform Bill of Material (BOM) structure and effectivity transactions to ensure accuracy of BOM requirements.
Review engineering documentation to ensure compliance with company procedures and customer SOW requirements for documentation and change control.
Perform data mining activities for part master data, BOM, document meta data and engineering change data.
- Education AA/AS degree w/4-6+ years’ experience.
- BA/BS degree w/2–4+ years’ experience.
- IT systems education & training preferred.
Experience with DOD and industry standards for configuration management. Experience in hardware configuration management, including creation, control and revision of Bill of Material structure and working with model and serial number data. Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings. Knowledge of IT systems and experience in managing data will be an enabler for the position.
• Development Engineering Order (DEO) process.
• Utilizing Matrix One (PLM System) for EC/drawing status; BOM data including effectivity; and identifying alternate, substitute and superseding parts.
• Utilizing Solumina for process planning and Work Order tracking of Assembly Operation Sheets (AOS) to “closed” status
• Utilizing Hyperion Brio or similar application to perform ad hoc queries from the data warehouse for EBOM, MBOM, WOs, RLs, etc., as required to verify “as tested” and “as-flown” vs. the “as cleared” test aircraft configuration.