· Develop, analyze, communicate, teach, present and prepare investment strategies to support the pension and retirement plan sales efforts and help close new business.
· Utilizing appropriate technology, due diligence and publications to review, monitor and analyze performance for the non-proprietary funds currently offered to USICG clients to help them meet their investment objectives.
· Deliver timely, responsive and accurate support to the sales and marketing staff as well as assigned book of clients who require periodic comprehensive written reviews of their plans investments. Retain assigned clients.
· For current clients, review available investment options and the degree of participation in each investment choice. Make recommendations for proactive menu enhancements (i.e. additional investment options to be included as well as menu items in need of deletion).
· Maintain due diligence database of funds not currently offered by USICG, and provide senior management with proposals for additional funds that should become a part of the product offering.
· Alert management to style drift, capitalization trends and performance deterioration to provide timely client and prospect communications draft internal and external communication and train investment analysts as needed.
· Provide commentary on the current and projected economic conditions and how it may impact the financial markets and investments offered to our retirement plan clients.
· Provide proactive asset allocation advice to DB clients and participate in asset/liability studies.
· Analyze portfolios including composite funds and rebalance as needed, on a quarterly basis.
· Meet periodically with clients to provide relationship management and cross sell other USI services.
· Enact investment policy statements for assigned clients including trades and investment of new deposits.
· Independently and efficiently handle miscellaneous assigned projects.
· Comply with published procedures and compliance manual for USI Advisors and Securities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· 6 or more years of investment performance measurement experience, with significant exposure to mutual and institutional funds.
· Bachelor’s or more advanced degree in Mathematics, Business, Finance or Accounting.
· Strong computer skills. Especially proficient with Excel, Morningstar, and database management.
· Familiarity with other industry software programs for monitoring funds.
· Series 7, 63 and 65 required.
· Good knowledge of retirement and pension programs and their funding.
· Financial expertise and business sense from both USI’s and client’s perspective.