Womply is looking for a motivated and experience self-starter to drive the overall financial strategy & operations for the company. You will be responsible FP&A, accounting, tax, cash management, fundraising, M&A, and more. This position will also play a crucial role in building out the financial and operational systems for Womply’s next phase of growth.
- Work with the President, Founder, and executive management team to drive the organization's direction moving forward
- Develop and enhance existing financial and operational strategies
- Drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range strategic planning
- Communicate the company’s strategic direction, financial results, etc. to relevant audiences (ie: company updates, investor updates, board updates & materials, etc.)
- Own & drive the company's fundraising strategy
- Drive due diligence during acquisitions
- Oversee monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis, including the key SAAS metrics that tie back to financial goals
- Oversee accounting team and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly close process
- Interact with accounting, tax and other external resources, including full financialaudit
- Full ownership of the company's financial plan (regular updates and adjustments to the detailed financial model and communication of key elements to senior management)
You Must Have:
- Prior experience as a VP of Finance / CFO with a demonstrated track record successfully scaling an organization of a similar size/stage
- This role is for action-oriented doers; must be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities. An expert in cohort analysis.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Experience in complex modeling (e.g., cash flow, headcount, etc.)
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or month-end close experience: Managing journal entries & reconciliations to build financial metrics.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet) a must. Salesforce.comexperience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred
- 5+ plus years of relevant FP&A experience in a high growth organization. Experience in SAAS subscription or computer software/information technology industry preferred
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SQL and comfortable with large amounts of data
- Willingness to learn on the job and flexible as new project land on your desk
Come build something amazing at Womply