Develops Strategy By:
• Assuming a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
• Directing the preparation of internal financial reports, and ensuring that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
• Directing the timely submission of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third party payor cost reports.
• Identifying and reporting undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and making recommendations for action.
Manages Accounting & Financial Functions By:
• Assisting the CEO in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, productivity, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• Developing long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
• Directing the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
• Administering the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Providing informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical record functions. Monitoring performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Forecasting the impact of business decision and expected outcomes on all financial results.
• Monitoring financial and economic information to identify trends and indicators that may impact business operations, planning, investments, and so forth.
• Communicating financial operational performance with all stakeholders, including senior administration, appropriate facility staff members and Division Office.
• Reviewing of denials issues and trends for maximizing net reimbursement for Facility.
• Maintaining accuracy of charge master.
• Reviewing contracts, purchase agreements, and other financial arrangements to ensure compatibility with business goals and expectations about profitability.
Supports HCA by:
• Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
• Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
• Performing other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
•Bachelor's degree Accounting, Finance, or related field
•4+ years of experience in a Hospital Controller, Asst. CFO, or VP of Finance role Preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Job Number: 10202-27326