The BizOps Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will have a ground floor opportunity to build the practice as well as perform a combination of CFO functions as part of client outsourced accounting services teams. The incumbent is accountable for acting as and managing the designated function(s) for the client. S/he is also accountable for identifying and implementing best practices related to the service(s) provided to add value to the client. Develops full knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) and deep understanding of financial and operational aspects of Accounting. S/he will oversee and direct a team of outsourced Controllers, Senior Accountants and bookkeepers who provide the day to day accounting function for our clients.
Work Activities & Accountabilities
Technical Knowledge: Maintains knowledge of client's organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards. Understanding of GAAP and industry related technical expertise.
The BizOps CFO reports directly to the client and BizOps Principal in charge of the client. S/he regularly interacts with Managing Principals, industry Principals, service Principals, and other functional groups within CLA and at the client site. S/he supervises accounting services staff which may include CLA BizOps staff, client accounting services staff, or both. S/he will typically spend 50% of time on client assignments (majority at client locations).
The BizOps CFO must possess several key personal effectiveness traits to be successful. These include a high degree of passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness. Actions and behaviors that are the foundation of successful careers at CLA are broadly defined below.
• Leading with Impact: Guides and motivates others and is able to direct team to achieve desired end results.
• Ownership Mindset: Creates expectations of success throughout the firm.
• Entrepreneurial Grit: Has the courage to take action on new ideas, understanding the balance of risks vs. positive outcomes.
• Client Excellence: Anticipates client needs and looks for opportunities to provide proactive consultation.
• People Development: Provides coaching opportunities for others to develop and pursue their passions.
• Clear Communication: Communication has high impact and encourages openness.
• Teamwork & Collaboration: Manages challenging issues and understands when appropriate to leverage internal experts.
• Growing the Business: Focuses efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
• Experience: Minimum ten years relative work experience as CFO, Controller, or equivalent. Consulting or outsourcing experience a plus
• Prior public accounting experience required
• Strong client service skills
• Education: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
• Certification: Active CPA strongly preferred