Overview - Small business is seeking a newly created position for a CFO.
The CFO will operate as a strategic business partner to, and key member of, the management team in all aspects of growing the business. We have a very aggressive business plan and is poised for rapid growth as the global demand for our products expands.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the development and execution of the financial strategy that supports the Company’s business plan. The CFO will oversee all of the accounting, finance, and IT functions, and will be responsible for managing the company’s financial staff and reporting requirements. Additionally, the CFO will be in charge of working with the Company’s lenders and coordinating the administrative, business planning, accounting, and budgeting processes of the Company.
Reporting to the CEO, the incoming Chief Financial Officer will be an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team and will be pivotal to driving aggressive top and bottom-line improvement. The CFO must be a hands-on leader, who is very involved in the business. The CFO will be responsible for all day-to-day financial operations, accounting, budgeting, performance tracking, and internal controls for the organization.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Act as an advisor to the CEO and operations managers in managing the balance sheet as the Company continues its rapid growth; including providing analytically-based and strategic insight and decision making (e.g. inventory levels, capacity issues, etc.)
· Focus on managing cash and working capital to assure there is sufficient liquidity to drive profitable growth
· Oversee and improve procedures that produce accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP
· Coordinate the preparation of the Company's monthly financial reporting package that is distributed to the Senior Management Team and the Private Equity Sponsor
· Implement analytical frameworks (benchmarks, financial metrics, KPIs, dashboards) to measure financial/operating performance and evaluate business decisions
· Act as primary contact with the Company's Audit Firm and be responsible for facilitating the annual audit of the Company's financial statements
· Work with outside professionals to ensure that the Company's tax returns are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
· Work with the Senior Management Team to prepare an annual budget, analyze variances to budget, and create periodic re-forecasts
· Prepare materials for the Company's lenders, including covenant calculations to ensure compliance with the Company's Credit Agreement
· Partner with the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors on strategic, analytically-based decision making
· Manage IT and Administration; including leading the IT team to provide increased visibility into the Company’s performance and support profitable growth
· Perform a key role in future acquisition integrations and/or facility expansions/realignments
The successful candidate will be an experienced, energetic, and transformational Chief Financial Officer with a demonstrated track record of financial leadership in general manufacturing industries. S/He should have a strong executive presence, superior communications skills, and a “can do” attitude. The ideal candidate will have experience working as a CFO or Senior Controller and has had significant exposure to an external Board of Directors.
Experience and characteristics must include:
· 12 to 15 years of experience in financial senior management with increasing responsibilities and a track record of success
· BS / BA in accounting, finance or related field; CPA preferred; advanced degree a plus; lean manufacturing and/or six sigma training a plus
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Highly motivated and energetic team player who is a hands-on financial professional
· Ideal candidate would be a current or former CFO of a mid-sized company ($200 to $500 million revenue)
· Previous experience with multinational operations is preferred, but not necessary
· Experience building teams leading IT system transitions & improvements
· M&A experience is a plus, as is direct experience at one of the Big 4 Accounting Firms
Valid through: 9/8/2020