The ideal CFO will be of strong character, have an in depth understanding of operations in a behavioral health setting, and have a customer service focus. This position is a senior member of the facility's leadership team and provides support, advice and consultation to drive superior performance. In addition, the position is responsible for hands on day to day financial management including oversight of accounts receivable/business office operations, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, monthly and yearly close, budget preparation and FTE management. The position is also a key liaison with UHS Corporate Departments on financial and resource utilization matters.
- Monitor and control accounts receivables.
- Provides financial strategy and direction to senior staff
- Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
- Improve the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
- Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
- Prepare annual budgetin conjunction with UHS standards.
- In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial leadership role in a Hospital Facility and Outpatient Healthcare setting, behavioral health and addiction treatment strongly preferred.
- Minimum education requirement of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degreepreferred
- Proven record of success improving the profitability of a hospital by continually monitoring costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
- At least 5 years of experience overseeing the Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.