CFO First Home Care Behavioral Health
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds $9 billion. The company's operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 81,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies” and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
Frist Home Care Behavioral Health
We offer a continuum of mental health services that enable children, adults, and families to receive the care they need in their homes and communities, thereby reducing the need for more costly and restrictive levels of care and placements. Our services target those individuals deemed “hard to serve” due to multiple system involvement or clinically complex treatment histories requiring access to an array of mental health services and
The ideal CFO will be of strong character, have an in depth understanding of operations in a behavioral health setting, and have a customer service focus. This position is a senior member of the facility’s leadership team and provides support, advice& consultation to drive superior performance. In addition, the position is responsible for hands on day to day financial management including oversight of accounts receivable/business office operations, accounts payable, payroll, general accounting, monthly and yearly close, budget preparation and FTE management. The position is also a key liaison with UHS Corporate Departments on financial and resource utilization matters.
• Monitor and control accounts receivables.
• Provides financial strategy and direction to senior staff
• Closely oversees Business Office functions to ensure cash collection goals are met, and net revenue is properly stated.
• Improve the profitability of the hospital. Continually monitor costs in all areas, especially staffing as it relates to patient volume.
• Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced hospital operating costs, and increased revenues.
• Prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
• Provide reconciliations, account analysis, and other information for Reimbursement Department, Tax Department, Auditors, etc., to aid in preparation of reports.
• Prepare annual budget in conjunction with UHS standards.
• In cooperation with management and department heads, reviews prior financial results and discusses anticipated changes to highlight future needs and trends of the facility.