Growing investment/holding company is looking for a CFO.
Job Duties and Functions:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the organization?s fiscal function and performance.
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the enterprise.
- Development and continual improvement of a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Participate in the development of the Holding Company?s business model as a strategic partner including, evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish financial operational strategies by evaluating trends; establish critical measurements and design accounting and control systems both at the Holding Company level as well as at the portfolio company level.
- Develop credibility for the finance division by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financialreports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Assist in the formulation of capital raising and capital deployment strategies by studying micro and macro-economic trends (including without limitation, interest rates, the yield curve and stock market and private company valuations).
- Assist the investment teams and portfolio company management teams with opportunities for balance sheet improvement, cost reduction and financialreporting and accountancy system enhancements.
- Monitor the Holding Company?s financial performance by measuring and analyzing operating results; initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances.
- In partnership with investment team members, monitor the financial performance of each of the Holding Company?s portfolio companies and / or investments and work with the investment team members to propose corrective actions to minimize the impact of variances.
- Reportfinancial results and develops operating forecast.
- Update job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks and participating in professional organizations.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Strong background in navigating organizations through rapid change and significant growth
- 10+ years experience in senior financial managerial position
- Public company experience including managing SEC filings and communicating with Wall Street analysts
- Experience managing a leveragedbalance sheet
- Experience handling private and public equity and debt securities offerings
- Experience in M&A transactions including the underlying valuation analysis as well as construction of financial models
- Experience leading the development of forecast models and constructing operating budgets
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and financialreporting software
- Exceptional communication skills
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred)
Key Organizational Skills:
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team
- Ability to think strategically to creatively solve problems and to anticipate issues before they arise
-Ability to seek support when needed