The Chief Financial Officer will provide leadership that ensures the financial health of the Cymax group of companies through sustainable business growth, while enhancing the company’s operational and financial performance. The CFO will be accountable for performance metrics tied to the financial strategy, analyze and report accurate financial results on a timely basis, and ensure compliance practices are in place that protect the Company’s interests.
The CFO will be responsible for all finance, accounting, treasury, taxation, investor relations, and corporate structuring functions for the Cymax group of companies, globally.
What You’ll Do:
Strategy and Stewardship
- Acts as a value-added resource to the CEO, the Board, and the Executive team on matters related to finance and growth
- Leads corporate and business development initiatives on joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
- Owns the M&A process, including analysis of targets, execution of transactions and if needed, planning and management of post-merger integration.
- Acts as the primary interface with financial institutions, investment bankers, brokers, and consultants on acquisition opportunities and investor relations.
Financial Reporting and Forecasting (Latest Estimate)
- Delivers complete, accurate, and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and required disclosures on an IFRS basis and leads review of all financial reporting to the Board
- Accountable for ensuring complete, accurate, and timely preparation of the MD&A for CEO and Board quarterly representation.
Finance Department Development
- Leads and develops a team of high performing finance professionals, ensuring that accounting related requests are delivered within service level standards and holding team accountable for process optimizations
Financial and Tax Compliance
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the financial data, drawing upon the resources of the Company’s accounting services group (on an IFRS basis).
- Maintains proper internal controls (including SOX compliance) and enforcement of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Leads compliance and risk management, including development of commercially sound vendor, marketplace, carrier, and employee agreements.
- Leads the company’s tax planning initiatives in consultation with the CEO and external tax advisors, ensuring compliance with all tax jurisdictions and tax obligations.
Internal/External Audit and Controls
- Develops and operationalizes internal audit function, in consultation with Senior Management Team (SMT) and external auditors as required.
- Drives implementation plans for DCP (Disclosure Control Procedures) and ICFR (Internal Control Over Financial Reporting) for 52-109 certifications, and reports results as appropriate to the board.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate will be a successful, well-respected finance leader, with substantial experience with FP&A, treasury, technology optimization, operational planning and compliance, including:
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and CPA is required.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in the role of CFO, supported by a minimum of fifteen plus years’ experience in accounting/finance, including public company experience, supervising large teams. Experience working in a technology company will be highly desirable, including working in a hyper-growth phase of corporate development.
- Experience leading the IPO process
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley would be an asset.
- Balances strong business acumen with deep analytical skills; possesses expertise in financial analysis/management, reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Experience in treasury specifically; balance sheet strategy, capital management, funds transfer, pricing, cash flow forecasting and working capital management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketplace dynamics, ecommerce dynamics, or SaaS as it relates to establishing and building out KPIs.
- Effective in using state-of-the-art analysis tools for accurate and insightful accurate forecasts.
- Proven results in tax compliance, budgeting, forecasting, operational planning, performance management and quarterly reporting.
- Knowledgeable about payments, transfers and settlements, and how digital technologies are driving service offering in this space will be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; develops and builds talent and high-performing teams through mentoring, feedback and professional development.
- Actively builds institutional learning through best practice sharing/continuous improvement.
- Balances a strategic view with the ability to dive into the details.
- High sense of urgency in providing strong level of service and follow-through.
- Is mentally and personally agile and able to effectively deal with ambiguity and change.
- Executive presence and credibility with peers and senior management;
- Communicates effectively at all levels, able to convey technical and detailed information to non-finance professionals. Speaks business; not numbers.