CFO with CPA license
Direct HireDegree Required:University - Bachelor's Degree/3-4YearDegree - Accounting / Business
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
It is a new company which is in the copper mining and processing business.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will be responsible for overseeing financial activities and financialrisk at the Corporation.
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to operational budget management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting;
- Working with the Chief Executive Officer on the strategic vision of the Corporation and assisting with the development and negotiation of contracts;
- As required, attending Board and Subcommittee meetings and working closely with the Audit Committee of the Corporation’s Board of Directors;
- Overseeing the preparation and approval of all financialreporting materials and compliance activities relating to the Corporation’s public market listings, working closely with the external auditors to support the review and audit engagements
- Oversight of the Corporation’s finance and accounting staff to ensure proper maintenance of accounting systems, ensuring compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Developing and maintaining systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets and disclosure procedures to ensure accurate and timely reporting, and to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
- Oversight of the corporation’s tax function, including planning and strategies to promote optimal tax outcomes, and managing tax filings and monitoring compliance with various tax regulatory requirements;
- Monitoring banking activities of the Corporation;
- Overseeing financial processes in the corporate office(s), including purchasing, accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable;
- Overseeing business insurance plans;
- Preparing and overseeing budgets, budgetforecasting and the implementing of budgets so as to monitoring progress and presenting operational metrics both internally and externally;
- Develop and maintain a cash flow planning system to monitor cash balances and ensure availability of funds for the Corporation’s business initiatives;
- Participating in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team, providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis to support decision making;
- As require, working with the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Vice President of the Corporation on securing new debt and equity funding sources;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 15+ years of experience in finance;
- Strong knowledge of the mining industry is desired, but not required
- Strategic thinker;
- Ability to coach and advise company principles on financial implications of all business activities;
- Ability to create company-wide financial strategies, department goals and objectives;
- Expertise is finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financialreports, statements and projections;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills;
- Comfortable engaging directly with other C-suite executives and the Board of Directors;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;