CFO - Business Unit
CFO ? Fortune 500 Business Unit
EXPAT ASSIGNMENT ? Europe
Our client is a Fortune 500 Manufacturer looking for a highly qualified candidate to lead the Finance organization for a growing business unit. The CFO reports directly to the President of the Business Unit (solid line) and to the Global CFO (dotted line) you will be responsible for all financial leadership elements of this Industrial Manufacturing Division including operations analysis, budget and planning, controllership and organizational development.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Guide business team to successful achievement of all financial goals and objectives.
- Partner with business President to drive business goals and objectives
- Ensure that the highest controllership standards are maintained including those related to account reconciliation, stewardship of assets and integrity of financial transactions
- Full financial statement responsibility
- Budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Financial Analysis of business performance
- Business includes significant manufacturing, distribution, and service components
- Acquisition responsibilities
- The ideal candidate will lead by example and drive team enthusiasm.
- The successful candidate will be someone who has a keen ability and a proven track record of developing talent in their direct and indirect reports to the highest levels.
- Must be able to assess teams and develop individuals as well as the team as a whole.
- In addition, the CFO will relate business goals with accounting/finance goals and set and achieve tough stretch goals. Someone who has a strong sense of urgency, and personal commitment. Someone who is decisive, confident, open and candid.
- The business CFO will be process oriented and have a willingness to immerse oneself into critical tasks.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- A proven track record of results including earnings growth, working capital reduction, SG&A control and operation productivity
- Experience in presenting to senior-level executives in a results oriented culture.
- Leadership ability and Results orientation
- Strong influence skills and an ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
Outstanding organizational skills:
- Demonstrated capacity to assess and leverage organization by key competencies
- Ability to attract, recruit and develop world class financial talent
- Develop financial vision and road map
- Strong strategic planning and budgeting expertise
- Demonstrated record of success in finance/accounting fields
- Strong eye for details as well as an ability to anticipate barriers and finesse trouble
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with diverse product groups:
- Ability to motivate, energize, manage and develop performance of staff
- Ability to lead organizational change with finance staff
- Ability to work across all boundaries
- Articulate, effective communicator who inspires and energizes others
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility
- Passion for excellence in people, process and products
- Risk-taking personality. One who challenges conventional solutions
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting/Finance. MBA preferred
- 15+ years of progressive financeexperience-leadership roles (operations, commercial, analysis).
- Strong computer skills for presentation and analysis of data.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with personnel at all levels of the company.
- Project management skills.
- Supervisory/mentor experience.
- Six Sigmaexperience a plus
- Graduate of a Fortune 100 finance development program a plus.