Our client is a well established supplier of technology, hardware and services and are looking to enter the next phase of their growth strategy. Their accounting and finance operations are essential to the efficiency and growth of the company and they wish to hire a CFO that will be responsible for the financial and management of the company operations including financialreports as well as summaries and forecasts for business growth.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Responsible for financialreports, income statements, balance sheets, shareholder information, tax returns and government reports
- Monthly bank reporting
- Review and approve payrolls
- Oversee the accounting department, budget preparation, and audit function
- Meets regularly with department heads
- Reviews reports to analyze sales and profit projections against actuals, budgeted expenses
- Analyze company operations for improved efficiency
- Review economic trends and assess company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas.
- Estimate requirements for company assets and work force
- Oversee approvals and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, department budgets, salaries, ledger etc.
- Preparation of financial statements, financialreports, special analyses, and information reports.
- Develop and implement relevant procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems
- Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees
- Oversee financial management to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
- 5 - 10 years relevant experience as a CFO
- CPA is preferred
- Proven leadership skills including staff development and accountability