We are a new organization but no company has such strong roots in geospatial with our level of scale and a strong commercial mindset. Our heritage companies, MDA Information Systems, RadiantBlue, DigitalGlobe Intelligence Solutions, HumanGeo and RAI are well known for delivering innovative capabilities across the entire geospatial intelligence value chain. Our combined team of over 1,000 aerospace engineers, geospatial analysts, weather and ocean experts, software developers, data scientists, and DevOps engineers apply disruptive technology and our unique intellectual property to both national security and commercial problems.
We offer an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending account and tuition assistance. Radiant Solutions values diversity in the work place and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Ensure software development teams produce consistently high quality releases.
- Ensure software development teams delivery releases on a regular basis (e.g. Every 2 weeks).
- Sponsor and facilitate collaborative meetings for agile teams including Backlog Grooming, Planning, Daily Standups, Customer Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Continually review the metrics for software teams and guide teams to high level of performance.
- Identify and remove any barriers for the team including product information clarifications, additional tools or computing, and removal of bureaucratic impediments.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner or Business Unit Leader to streamline the process for getting requirements to the team in a timely manner.
- Guide each Iteration such that it has relevant goals and has achievable content.
- Communicate issues in a timely manner such that there are very few surprises for the PO or Business Unit Leader or Project Manager.
- Lead teams to view the customer as a partner and make sure each backlog item contains customer value in the customer vernacular.
- Insist development teams think creatively and break down product deliverables in such a way that they can deliver solution in small chunks rather than creating large multi-sprint software drops
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant field.
- 6+ years of experience in software project leadership (e.g. AgileProject Management or Scrum Master)
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and/or Agile software development processes.
- Initiative and resourcefulness, along with ability to work on a multi-functional team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Preference given for candidates with certifications as Product Owner
- Preference given for candidates with training and/or certification in Meeting/Event Facilitation
- Experience working on large and complex systems with multiple stakeholders.
- Preference given to candidates with direct experience as scrummaster for geographically distributed teams.
- Preference given to candidates with demonstrated remote sensing, GIS and web/mobile app experience.