We are looking for a SALT Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services, that will increase firm's reputation. You will serve as business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.The SALT Tax Manager must demonstrate proficient technical skills and overall business knowledge to act as clients' business advisor. They will proactively educate clients regarding issues and conflicts, new legislation, and/or market conditions that may affect them.
Oversee staff of Associates and Senior Associates. Effectively supervise, train and mentor Associates and Senior Associates. Exhibit high level of business integrity and leadership skills. Seek and create cross-serving opportunities.The tax manager will participate directly in new client development by managing and preparing team members for initial meetings, presentation and proposal development.VALiNTRY Services is currently hiring a SALT Tax Manager for our client. You will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around three core concepts (Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management, and Client Service/Business
Kindly submit a resume for immediate consideration today!
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field (REQUIRED)
- Public Accounting experience (REQUIRED) – at least 5 years of experience preferred
- RECENT Public Accounting experience in the last 3 years preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Some ability to travel required
- Thorough knowledge of the state and local tax issues affecting mergers and acquisitions for corporate structures, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency.
- Considerable knowledge of tax consulting and planning, transaction structuring for tax issues, restructuring, due diligence, strategy formulation and financial modeling.
- Perform technical tax review of assigned tax returns of varying complexity.
- Research complex tax issues.
- Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues.
- Prepare complex business returns.
- Delegate and manage tax and research assignments to achieve accurate and efficient product.
- Schedule smooth system flow of tax returns.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong planning, research, writing and communication skills.
- Independent, yet able to interface with practice leaders to assure the best possible results for clients.
- People oriented and willing to train, motivate and develop staff.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year