metropolitan charities - Tampa, FL
Metropolitan Charities is committed to providing quality health and wellness services that are inclusive, relevant, supportive and represent the lifetime continuum of the diverse people in our community. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that include: health, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, pension, 403b and paid time off.
Positions are based on-site at Metropolitan Charities health center site locations (some positions may require working out of multiple locations), working in a unique community based setting where we are providing Primary Care which is LGBTQ focused, HIV Preventative care (PrEP/nPEP), hormone replacement therapy, STD testing and treatment, and other care. This position provides direct care and procedures to patients; works as part of a multidisciplinary team to enhance patient quality of life though competent medical intervention, and ensures all documentation is compliance with professional and legal standards.
- Performs medical intake procedures including taking vital signs, reviewing medical history, completing risk assessments.
- Records and reports symptoms, reactions, treatments, and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Completes all physician orders including venipuncture lab draws, medication administration/injectables, etc.
- Completes prior authorizations, specialist referrals, and other administrative tasks as quickly as possible for patient benefit
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-ins prioritizes emergencies for medical referral
- Completes health education counseling for all patients
- Accurate assimilation, interpretation, and reporting of changing patient data
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and/or family in accordance with established protocols.
- Reviews charts of patients on a daily basis to ensure all necessary documentation is present, current, and complete to facilitate physician visit.
- Assists with data collection as requested
- Demonstrates courtesy, compassion, and respect in all interpersonal and interprofessional relationships with clients, staff, and visitors.
- Adheres to ethical and legal standards of professional practice.
- Maintains professional manner in all aspects of job tasks
- Collaborates with Metro team members to coordinate patient services
- Reevaluate and follow-up on patients treatment and health status to evaluate the efficacy of education and counseling approaches and strategies
- Documents all patient care in an accurate, timely, legible manner
- Promotes and practices Metro’s values and mission, and adheres to all policies and procedures
- MA licensure from accredited school, currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida
- Two (2) years of work experience in a primary care setting
- CPR Certified
- Must be highly skilled in phlebotomy
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates knowledge of documentation protocols.
- Demonstrates experience with OSHA mandates, documentation, and compliance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, and accepted treatment practices.
- Ability and willingness to make independent decisions based on clinical assessment.
- Demonstrates the ability to self-motivate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks as required.
- Maintains ongoing, appropriate documentation of all activities as needed.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Knowledge of patient evaluation and triage procedures.
- Ability to apply principals of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Able to work with the health professional in a team environment.
Job Type: Full-time