The Worldwide Learning (WWL) organization is re-imagining learning and development with the objective of building deep technical capabilities within Microsoft and externally and creating a world class learning program that spans modalities and skills for critical job roles. Our product development approach is learner obsessed, data driven, innovative, and business aligned, and places the learner at the core of our various initiatives.
As part of the Global Technical Learning organization, you will contribute to broad , digital transformation across industries by ensuring that Microsoft has a broad ecosystem of skilled employees, partners, and customers . You will work across Worldwide Learning, and engineering and business teams across Microsoft, as well as customer/partner groups to reimagine and grow our certification products and business. As our Certifications Transformation product manager , you will think big about opportunities to re-invent the end-to-end, digital certification experience of our learners , our certification framework and skills validat ion related certification. You will be responsible for evolving this category of technical skilling products to advance our world class certification and credentialing program, making bold bets on the most innovative ideas, and then prioritizing and driving execution to deliver results that shape the business. You will partner with other Global Technical Learning product management and content development team members, along with key internal and external stakeholders, to accelerate the planning, development and governance of our certification products , while defining key success metrics, measuring impact, and tracking business results to skill our customer, partners and employees.Responsibilities:
- Develop ment of our cert ification digital transformation strategy to include the future state , end-to-end certification experience & modernization principles.
- Customer and Competitive research to define a three-year roadmap for modernization and set up the evolution framework.
- Definition of Certification modernization work efforts & driving alignment across stakeholders.
- Assessment and recommendations for the Certification Platform Strategy , to include the integration of 1st/3rd party experiences .
- Modernization of OKRs and learner experience satisfaction metrics
- Contribute to the evolution of skills validation in the context of how people learn and work
- Certification product value prop & messaging across audiences
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning, and product design (including writing BRDs) of new features and enhancements for Certification s products.
- Continuously enhance the product and learner experience through an iterative product development model.
- Partner with Business Planning Lead and other Product Managers to align our Certification products with our technical skilling business models, and appropriately support the cost/operating model.
- Support pricing, promotions, and packaging decisions.
- Work with marketing teams to create customer and partner facing content and land key messages with analysts and the market.
- Advocate for C ertification s across Microsoft and to our customers and partners, ensuring the learning and certification "story" is clear and understood
- Work with our psychometrician and our exam development team to identify opportunities to revolutionize skills validation and exam delivery
- Present to senior management, external clients, and other large audiences
- Represent Microsoft at learning and certification industry digital events, helping maintain Microsoft's position as an industry leader.
- Continuouslytrack industry trends, drive competitive research and customer research, and partner with training and certification product managers,to help define the desiredlearnerexperienceand drive innovation.
- 7+ years' in product or program management, with demonstrated business impact delivered by strong product or program management skills
- 3+ years' experience in writing business or technical requirements for new capabilities and features
- 2+ years' experience developing product vision and strategy based on data and business objectives
- Experience working with technical learning products in prior roles (product management, content development, channel management, technical training delivery)
- Experience working with technical teams to enable deployment of products or capabilities in an agile environment
- Excellence at developing and articulating vision and strategy that meet business goals
- Ability to handle challenging situations and difficult conversations with poise
- Ability to drive cross-group collaborative efforts on multiple priorities simultaneously within a highly matrixed environment
- Displays a d rive for results and embraces a "c an-do" attitude and persistence , with a p roven track record of success, determination, and curiosit y
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management, stakeholders and at events internally and externally
- Successful candidate will possess the maturity and experience needed to manage complex programs and projects and solvingproblems with minimal coaching
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's D egree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.