PADI, the global leader in Scuba Diver Training, is searching for a full-time Certifications Supervisor at our corporate headquarters in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. PADI offers its employees a unique culture centered around an active lifestyle, fun and hardworking colleagues, interesting work, competitive salary and outstanding benefits. We are an amazing company searching for amazing people to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, Customer Relations at PADI Americas, the Certifications Supervisor is responsible for leading and managing the day to day operation of all back office processing and internal representation for issues on platforms used internally by staff. They will also the production levels of each staff member and individual/team benchmarks and will be responsible for maintaining updated Standard Operating Procedures in all processes for the back office functions. Additionally, they will have the responsibility for training, motivating and developing staff members in all areas of back office functions and will work in concert with Customer Relations Supervisor to develop back office staff to cover front line areas of responsibility to provide excellent support to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Directly supervises employees’ development in various functionalities as outlined in performance reviews and overall department goals. Applies necessary training/coaching for Customer Relations employees in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely and efficient manner.
Additionally, responsible for brainstorming and managing ideas; to create an environment that encourages ideas; to help employees develop their knowledge and improve their problem solving skills in order to increase the quality and impact of their ideas; and to champion ideas and look for possible larger implications in them
- Directly works with Customer Relations back office team to, coach, lead, train, develop all existing skills to better achieve efficiency in the back office.
- Responsible for continual systems analysis involving business applications and procedures to attain maximum production and improve processing times and department benchmarks.
- Investigate customer’s problems and find solutions. Communicate with customers via phone, email or letter.
- Hire, train and terminate certification coordinators with review and approval from Human Resources and Customer Relations Director.
- Keep abreast of new and revised company products and services. Develop standard procedures and policies for improving service provided to our customers.
- Train coordinators on how to adequately address/resolve problems on various processing platforms. Ensure that the customer calls, emails and paperwork are handled, answered and processed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Handle major incidents that cannot be resolved by coordinators.
- Resolve complaints and processing issues. Ensure that customer complaints are resolved in a professional manner.
- Analyze data and statistics as it relates to productivity and staff development. Isolate and identify areas of improvement. Work with leadership on customer service initiatives. Establish and maintain continuous improvement program by using data to discuss and implement corrective processes and procedures in order to provide an acceptable level of quality production in all back office functions.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to customer relations team towards achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Work with Customer Relations Supervisor to determine work procedures, work schedules and workflow for customer relations staff.
- Perform annual reviews, appraisals and performance management reviews for the certifications staff.
- Budgetary responsibilities in reporting and managing in and out flow of expenses as it relates to staff development, staff workload and other areas as assigned.
- Develops and maintains the departmental systems and procedures manual to maximize efficiencies and provide feedback and ideas to direct supervisor for review and discussion.
- Work directly with Supervisor responsible for ensuring the department continues to streamline efficiencies and explore new ways of addressing workload that will result in time savings and cost savings.
- Responsible for Americas and Canada certification reporting specific to back office contribution with objective to meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
Skills and Experience You’ll Need to Be Successful In This Role
- At least five years supervisory experience in a high volume office within a customer service environment or call center environment with tech troubleshooting background on various software applications and or platforms.
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- PC, MAC literate. Proficiency in working withiOS and Android devices
- Working knowledge of operating mainframe systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong documentation layout skills using Microsoft – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong commitment to serve the goals and direction of PADI
- Politically astute