Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha has an immediate opening for a CyberSecurity and Accreditation (C&A) Engineer to work on several technologies maintained and developed by Polaris. The C&A Engineer will work closely with a collaborative team comprised of Software Engineers, Software Testers, System Administrators, Program Managers, and Government Customers. The candidate will be responsible for creating, updating, and managing submittal documents including Configuration Management Plan, System Security Plan, System Security Test Plan, Security Controls Traceability Matrix, Continuous Monitoring Plan, Plan of Action and Milestones, and other supporting artifacts as applicable to the project.
The C&A Engineer will configure and run vulnerability assessment tools, (e.g. SCAP Compliant, ACAS/Nessus, AppScan, etc) and support mitigating open issues. The candidate will need an overall understanding of the submittal process and support obtaining and maintaining Software Certifications and/or Authority to Operate (ATO) for the systems.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in Certification and Accreditation, CyberSecurity, Software Engineering, Security Engineering or product Testing
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three (3) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree
• Experience includes 3+ years in accrediting fielded systems under federal regulations related to information security (RMF, DIACAP, FISMA, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience creating and maintaining documents for submittal requirements (SSP, CMP, CONOPS, SCTM, Test Plans, etc)
• Strong technical aptitude and experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.) and understanding of security related technologies
• Conduct SCAP compliant, SRR, and ACAS vulnerability scans of application servers to determine security compliance
• Develop and maintain Information Assurance policies and provide program policy compliance, oversight, and report findings to program management
• Work with team of professionals in achieving approvals such as ATO, IATT, CTF, or CoN for GOTS software applications
• Experience working with STIGs/SRGs
• Have excellent time management skills with proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks
• Active SECRET Clearance
• Must be a US citizen, based on government customer requirements
• Ability to manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems (Windows / UNIX ) as well as maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
• Previous software testing experience and test plan writing
• Installation, configuration, deployment, administration, training in support of a virtual infrastructure environment
• Background working with systems using radio frequency.