Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. With Polaris Alpha, no job is too large or too small.
Polaris Alpha has an opening for a CyberSecurity and Accreditation (C&A) Specialist to work on several technologies maintained and developed by Polaris Alpha. The C&A representative will work closely with a collaborative team comprised of Software Engineers, System Administrators, Program Managers, and Project Managers. The team will be responsible for creating, updating, and managing submittal artifacts including Configuration Management Plan, System Security Plan, System Security Test Plan, Security Controls Traceability Matrix, Ports Protocols and Services, and other supporting artifacts as applicable to the project.
The C&A representative will run vulnerability assessment tools, (e.g. SCAP Compliant, Nessus, etc) scan and lock down systems and possess an overall understanding of the related Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes and documentation. Systems being created run on Windows or Linux operating systems. Responsibilities will include maintaining these systems, configuring both operating systems and software products, as well as installing required software patches and security updates for the systems. The candidate will be required to create, and update packages for AF IC Software Certifications, DIA Baseline Authorizations, and/or DISA Authority to Operate (ATO) then create, review, and update POA&M items to conclusion.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in Assessment and Authorization, CyberSecurity, Software Engineering, Security Engineering or Product Testing
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. Four (4) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Develop and maintain Information Assurance policies and provide program policy compliance, oversight, and report findings to program management
• Ability to manage the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems (Windows / Linux) as well as maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
• Experience working with STIGs/SRGs
• Knowledge and experience with VMware and virtualization concepts
• Work with team of IA professionals in achieving ATO, IATT, BA for GOTS software applications
• Have excellent time management skills with proven ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II+ Certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.) or ability to obtain
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, RMF, etc.) a plus
• Experience creating and maintaining documents for submittal requirements (SSP, CMP, CONOPS, SCTM, Test Plans, etc)
• Experience with installation and maintenance of authentication/authorization software e.g. Active Directory
• Experience conducting SCAP compliant, SRR, and ACAS vulnerability scans of application servers to determine security compliance.