CEO, SRI Conference & Community LLC
FOLIOfn, Inc has created a brand new, exciting subsidiary, The SRI Conference & Community LLC. The current main asset of this new entity is The SRI Conference, formerly known as the SRI in the Rockies, now going into its 29th year as the country's longest running and we believe largest conference devoted to professionals engaged in social, responsible and impact investing.
We are currently in search of an entrepreneurial professional who can lead the transformation of the conference into an ongoing, burgeoning and impactful community. We have a vision that, with the right leadership, this community can branch out from the conference as its core asset and reach new heights, touch many more people than it currently does, and be much more effective at its mission. We also believe that with the right leadership it can be the nucleus of a whole grassroots movement around, and for building community support for, impact investing – investing that can really change the world for the better. The leader here would also be responsible for enlisting in the cause the broad swath of the investment advisor community that serves individual investors and smaller institutions by providing them with education, advocacy and the means to encourage investments that make the world better. This leader should also be able to engage with larger institutions. Simply put, we are looking for a social entrepreneur who wants to change the world from the bottom up leveraging the pioneering conference and its long-standing community into a true national movement.
- Create a business plan, leveraging all the resources available, to make for truly sustainable SRI community, technology, application and conference-related offerings that seek to achieve the mission of benefiting the world.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, and brainstorming facilitation with key stakeholders to continually evolve the conference, grow the community.
- Create new events and infuse the existing ones with best practices for attracting, inspiring, and connecting multiple audiences that fit the community culture.
- Work withothers, including those setting the agenda for and thought leadership in connection with the Conference, to set strategic goals, create and implement content development plans, and oversee team execution ensuring achievement of community, conference and organizational goals.
- With others, manage and oversee community and conference budgets – and engage in scoping and development, expense monitoring and income forecasting, and budget reconciliation.
- Lead the team of internal staff and manage external vendors and partners to create the community and produce the conference and otherevents.
- Identify and solicit partners, including supporters, event sponsors and others along with other opportunities to create additional revenue streams to support both events and community.
- Be smart, energetic, and passionate -- care about these issues, find them meaningful, and be willing to work long and hard to help change the world for the better.
- Be inventive and creative and understand the use of technology and social media – we already are building apps to leverage the community’s interest and expertise.
- Strong background in marketing, sales and business development as well as community organizing or related entrepreneurial type activities.
- Experience managing and driving a P&L – this is an enterprise that needs to set its own example of being sustainable and responsible, and not expect to survive on charity or grants.
- Solid academic credentials and a track record of steady promotion in respected SRI or related areas.
- Strong attention to detail and an interest in doing things right.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining meaningful relationships in the SRI community at large.
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving, verbal and written communication, planning, organizational and presentation skills.
- BA/BS required and an MBA is preferred.
Job ID 2018-1061