Bluefield Regional Medical Center is your community healthcare provider offering inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic, medical, surgical and emergency care. We believe in the power of people to create great care. We're 130 healthcare professionals strong. We are an acute care hospital as well as a teaching facility for osteopathic medicine. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
As a member of the Hospital's senior management team, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission in addition to maintaining an awareness of changes in healthcare matters that could have an impact on the success of the hospital. The CEO will ensure success of the hospital through quality enhancement, cost containment, revenue growth and development of strong relationships with hospital staff, board members, and community leaders.
The responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Overall operations of the acute-care facility
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer
- Partnering with physicians who use, or will use, the hospital; taking a leadership role in the recruiting and retention of physicians
- Assisting in planning new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Creating an environment that will encourage the recruiting and retention of qualified hospital employees
- Managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs in conjunction with the hospital's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer
- Developing and maintaining positive relations with community that the hospital is located as well as the community leaders
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings; participates with leaders in designing and providing patient care and services
- Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
The CEO Reports directly to CHS senior management and to the hospital's Board of Directors. The CEO will oversee multiple department heads including the hospital's Chief Financial Officer and Chief Nursing Officer.
- A Masters degree in hospital administration and/or business administration.
- A minimum of 5 or more years of demonstrated successful leadership in a healthcare facility, which includes but is not limited to: building relationships with board members, physicians, hospital employees, and community; growing hospital revenue to meet budgetary goals and objectives; and meeting necessary regulatory and compliance approvals and quality accreditations.