One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Chief Executive Officer Fremont Hospital Behavioral Health
Positioned in the southeast section of the San Francisco Bay Area known as the East Bay, Fremont Hospital is located in one of the most desirable areas to live in the US. The Fremont area itself is very diverse in culture, cuisine and outdoor adventure. Fremont features Lake Elizabeth which is over 80 acres surrounded by a 2 mile pedestrian trail and over 450 park acres. The area has ease of access to public transportation and within close vicinity to 3 major airports.
Fremont Hospital is a fully accredited, 145-bed private inpatient psychiatric hospital providing quality care for children through adults. The facility can provided a full assortment of care which includes no-cost assessments, inpatient psychiatric hospitalization, partial-hospitalization, intensive outpatient psychiatric treatment as well as chemical dependency outpatient care.
Fremont Hospital is currently seeking a dynamic Behavioral Health Executive with a proven track record providing services in a for profit Behavioral Health Hospital/Residential Treatment Program or has managed a large Psychiatric/Behavioral Health department within a large Acute care Hospital. Candidates must show a strong employment history with progressive growth throughout their career. The ideal CEO candidate will be responsible for directing the day-to-day operations, managing and developing staff, assuring high quality care, sound fiscal operations, maintaining a strong referral base and compliance with Joint Commission and CMS regulations while continually monitoring the facility’s services and delivery systems.
- Accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Operational management of clinical and non-clinical departments including but not limited to: Nursing, Admissions, Business Development, Process Improvement, Finance, Clinical Services, Regulatory Affairs that effectively drive patient care outcomes • Ensure hospital quality metrics are achieved through sound clinical processes following accreditation and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Recruit physicians and staff in targeted specialty areas, coordinate medical staff participation in new hospital ventures and targets, develop new areas of medical care to offer at the hospital.
- Supervise the development of more comprehensive outpatient care and ambulatory programs. Develop positive relationships with local industry, local government, potential key health care providers, and the general public.
- Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contribute to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts.
- Communicate circumstances and events of operations to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
- Achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Effectively manage contract negotiations and compliance with the commercial payor community.
- Increase revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintain or decrease the effective bad debt rate, achieve the margin percentage, and implement operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
- Focus on census building efforts and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired, Master's Degree is preferred
- Currently working as a behavioral executive, i.e. CEO at a Behavioral Health facility or as a Director of a large acute care facility with a large multi-unit psych department.
- A working knowledge of behavioral health management practices and clinical operations.
- An advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory and various accreditation requirements related to behavioral health management.
- Working knowledge of operations and financial management and marketing methods.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- Car Allowance