Our center is a single specialty ambulatory surgery center dedicated to the highest quality of patient care. Having been in operation in Rancho Mirage since 2003, we are committed to creating a positive and personal experience for all of our patients. From our state-of-the-art endoscopy equipment to our spa-inspired pre procedure experience, our center is dedicated to ensuring our patients receive the best care possible in a warm personalized setting.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to a team of clinical and business professionals, focused on clinical quality outcomes, labor efficiencies, supply chain management, volume growth drivers and revenue cycle optimization
- Provide support to the facility by managing the surgery center business to include (but not limited to): Medical Records, Credentialing, Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections, Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the facility’s P&L; managing financial controls and reporting. Ensures timely completion of all requiredfinancial and operational reports; responsible for the monitoring of expenses and the reporting of variances recommending changes as needed to meet projected net income
- Manages operational strategies using the SCA Way of Execution
- Develops and maintains an effective marketing program that encompasses physicians, patients, medical groups, and third party payers focused on case volume growth
- Ensure efficient business office operations
- Safeguards the facility’s assets and ensures that facility’s building and/or tenant improvements and equipment are maintained in good working order and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Responsible for creating a fair, open environment for all teammates. Ensure consistency of treatment and application of policy. The position serves as the on-site Personnel Director and ensures fair and prompt resolution of teammate complaints, grievances and operating problems
- Depending upon specific facility needs, may participate in the provision or direct patient care consistent with licensure, experience and current competence in the level of patient care provided
- Partners with RVP and other field operations leadership, and Support Services resources as needed, for various growth initiatives and operational improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and exceptional professional behavior while conducting day-to-day operations
- Operational knowledge facility management, life-safety codes and environment of care requirements and is proactive in managing the facility operations and repairs
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care
- Interacts with all physicians, patients, families, visitors and teammates in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional facility environment
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities
- ASC or hospital experiencerequired.
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent years of experience.
- Prior experience demonstrating a high level ability to effectively manage and allocate organizational resources is required.
- Financial background is very helpful.
- Must have knowledge of balance sheets, cash flow and P&L statements.
- Strong leadership experience.