At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
High Level Job Description: The Corporate Banking Centralized Business Analytics Reporting Manager will be responsible for the management and oversight of a centralized production reporting function dedicated to providing reporting to CBG business units and overseers on a regular recurring basis. Scope of reporting includes, but is not limited to, the following domains: credit portfolio, operational exposure, financial crimes, and daily business operational reporting. The role will also be responsible for partnering with existing credit reporting data providers, recipients and key stakeholders to recommend improvements, provide analytical insight and oversee data inquiries.
Additional job functions and responsibilities include the following:
Reporting and Analytic Delivery
- Manage a team of dedicated CBG team members tasked with the generation, aggregation and distribution of monthly, quarterly, and annual risk performance reports for senior management and key credit risk personnel within CBG.
- Development or refinement of reporting capabilities to support additional credit and risk specific analyses, including, but not limited to, portfolio analysis and risk appetite benchmarking analyses; evaluation and recommendation of external solutions to support transactional decision making and risk management practice
- Development of process and oversight functions to deliver CBG specific reporting to regulators and overseers; engagement of key partners within Wholesale Credit Risk as needed to satisfy data inquiries and requests for information.
- Establishment of formal process to receive, prioritize and execute ad-hoc data requests and analysis to support the LOB across the previously mentioned data domains. Establishment and oversight of a LOB specific reporting distribution protocols in alignment with policy and reporting governance; development and oversight of a centralized reporting portal to provide consistent delivery and presentation of reporting.
- Oversee the process to evaluate and rationalize existing CBG reporting; document existing functional delivery processes and evaluate opportunities to centralize and streamline.
- Utilize and understand the various risk SORs and risk data aggregation environments within Wholesale to support reporting processes. Development and/or utilization of moderate to complex data mining queries to extract data to provide financial reporting.
- Participate and drive the implementation of reporting initiatives to include planning, execution and tracking of deliverables within existing working groups
Team Member Development
- Oversee team member development, mentoring and performance planning. Foster and develop a team structure of collaboration, accountability, constructive feedback and healthy debate.
Partnership and Collaboration
- Partner with Wholesale Risk Reporting to evaluate current reporting process and delivery to determine near term and long term report transition opportunities.
- Participate in on-going or as-needed LOB transition activities and provide input into reporting impacts and possible reporting transition opportunities.
- Collaborate with other LOB reporting and analytic teams to determine reporting best practice, evaluate resource needs and discuss technology optimization.
- Knowledge of Wholesale and Enterprise data environment protocols for data management; input into the establishment of data maintenance routines and best practice in conjunction with the CBG Information Systems and Tools management team.
- Participate in the build-out of processes to support the capture of non-SOR data and the integration of this data into various reporting
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 5+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Moderate technology/database background including familiarity with Tableau, Oracle BI/Panorama, Excel, Access, SQL, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of data models and information services
- Proven experience performing business data reporting and/or analytics
- Prior experience serving senior management reporting needs
- Effective problem solving with both a strategic and tactical view
- Proven track record for managing to deadlines, anticipating and resolving problems that may impact progress
- ability to simplify complex ideas in a straightforward manner
- Previous experience within or supporting a credit Wholesale line of business
- Understanding of loan, underwriting and related operational systems, e.g. CreditView, AFS, Loan IQ
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with team members across the CBG footprint
- Ability to work decisively
- Documentation skills
- Ability to understand business processes and the technical aspects of various systems/IT needed for risk reporting
- Moderate to intermediate skills in writing SQL or familiarity with various business intelligence tools
- Ability to obtain and manipulate data from non-normalized/disparate data sources
- Daily operational transaction reporting
- +2 years of experience in managing a diverse group of skills