- Responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of the Central Utility Plant. The PM oversees and directs the staff for the review plans, provide required data for specifications, develop cost estimates and projections for assigned projects, schedule and conduct design progress meetings, prepare records required for Federal or state reimbursement, ensure that constructioncontracts are in compliance with applicable federal and state equal opportunity legislation, coordinate activities with outside agencies to assure timely completion of all projects, compile and analyze technical data, prepare reports concerning project related activities. The PM will utilize electronic tools including CADD, GIS and other computer systems to perform job functions. Additionally, the project managers may assist with construction management functions on the owner’s behalf to ensure the project is built in accordance with the plans and specifications and assist in resolving constructioncontract disputes and rendering final inspection and approval of completed construction work.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/ architecture/ construction or related discipline and hold a PE License or architectural registration preferred but not required if the candidates have equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) years of progressive U.S. aviation design and constructionexperience with an emphasis on Central Utility Plant / MEP design and construction.
- Experience in managing design and construction teams with a minimum of one (1) program at an airport with a budget of $500 million.
- Familiar with various contract delivery methods (for example design-bid-build, design-build, and construction manager at risk).
- Experience preparing and negotiating design fees and reviewing construction change requests, developing a Program design schedule, design delivery plan, conducting presentations, public speaking, and possess good written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and have experience with a Program Management Software System (PMSS), Primavera Contract Manager, Prolog, or Expedition, and other electronic tools including CADD, GIS, etc. to perform job functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to communicate with the project staff, owner, architects, engineers, contractors and other agencies are required.