The Sterile Processing Specialist Consultant provides consultation and leadership supervision to clients through assessment, analysis, and implementation of proven best practice methods to transform perioperative and procedural service departments within hospitals and other healthcare facilities, specifically Central Sterile Processing. The CSP Specialist primarily functions as a member of a multidisciplinary clinical and operational team to influence change in culture and processes through an established perioperative governance model and leads performance improvement teams comprised of front line constituents and primary stake holders. The individual oversees all CSP aspects of client engagements and is responsible for coaching and mentoring current CSP staff and leadership at assigned engagements. As part of the consulting team, the CSP Specialist lends expertise and leadership best practice including Central Sterile Processing and its outcomes related to the operating room. The individual must travel to client locations on a defined schedule that is coordinated through the Surgical Directions Client Services team. Proven written and oral communication skills are a must and prior consulting experience is preferred. The individual is expected to provide routine correspondence in both verbal and written methods to team members on progress and status of each assigned engagement and must be able to simultaneously manage multiple engagements. Additionally, the Central Sterile Processing Specialist Consultant will be assigned to specific perioperative project work which may include consulting services at primary perioperative implementations and or Central Sterile Processing engagements.
- Maintains industry knowledge regarding current AAMI (Association for Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) standards
- Maintains industry knowledge regarding Central Service operations and equipment.
- Develops and maintains key relationships with new and existing clientele
- Responsible for documenting findings of Central Sterile Processing (CSP) assessments while on-site at assigned client assessment engagements
- Within three (3) to five (5) days following CSP assessments, the CSP Specialist Consultant is responsible for providing an organized and detailed written report of findings and recommendations in bulleted format
- Responsible for facilitation of performance improvement teams and CSP leadership meetings at clients where there is not a Surgical Directions implementation, as well as attendance and participation at additional on-site meetings as necessary
- Identifies improvement opportunities and formulates quantified recommendations and metrics of success for each CSP assignment
- Ensures recommendations to improve CSP services are effectively and efficiently implemented by hospital leadership
- Supervises and communicates the effectiveness of interventions outlined in the assessments conducted while assigned to the role of CSP Specialist at a client site
- When assigned to a Surgical Directions client where an assessment and implementation is being conducted, the CSP Specialist will participate in team meetings, planning, and strategy sessions and will follow the work plan developed by the Surgical Directions Assessment and Implementation teams
- Will participate in and be assigned to project work between CSP assignments if gaps in CSP staffing occurs
- Participates in scheduled conference calls for both client updates and internal Surgical Directions business activities
- Contribute to the firm's brand awareness by either participating in one trade show, publish one article or one webinar/seminar each year
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5)- Seven (7) years experience in a hospital management position with a minimum of three (3) years as a Central Sterile Processing Manager
- CRCST certification required
- Possess a high level of training/experience coupled with the ability to perform administrative and analytical duties.
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with people, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various cross-functional teams, embracing innovation, meeting customer needs and responding to industry trends.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to deal with stress under pressure.