Reporting to the Head of the Central Risk & Control Office (CRCO) Reporting Group, the Assistant Vice President of Central Risk & Control Office Reporting is responsible for ensuring accurate and comprehensive reporting is provided regarding the population of issues, risks, and controls across the MUFG Union Bank enterprise and other MUFG affiliates. The Central Risk & Control Office Reporting team creates transparency for Sr. Executive Leaders, Business Units, Internal Audit Partners, Regulators and other constituents, as necessary, to have a comprehensive understanding of issues across the Bank.
The information and data made available through Central Risk & Control Office Reporting allows Sr. Executives, Business Unit Leaders, and Issue Owners, as well other business partners, to take the necessary actions and make appropriate decisions to ensure issue remediation efforts stay on track.
As the Assistant Vice President of Central Risk & Control Office Reporting you will ensure the quality and accuracy of reporting, as well as of data included in reporting, to ensure the highest degree of quality, accuracy, and timeliness so that senior leaders in the Bank have confidence in the information you provide and can make decisions to ensure that appropriate actions are being taken to drive effective and efficient remediation of issues across the Bank.
As Assistant Vice President of CRCO Reporting:
- You will provide business intelligence support as key contact for CRCO Reporting
- You will ensure that the data and information used for reporting is obtained from the appropriate system(s) of record
- You will work with divisional business partners, source system liaisons, and technology partners to confirm data quality and identify/resolve issues in data to improve data quality.
- You will build, deploy and maintain data support tools, metadata inventories and definitions for database file/table creation used in reporting
- You will own and execute established reporting requirements in accordance to deliverables tied to reporting schedules
- You will own and execute ad hoc reporting requirements in accordance to deliverable requirements agreed to by the CRCO Reporting Lead
- You will coordinate, develop and update written standard operating procedures for reporting processes, data validations, and report change requests as well as maintain a central repository of reports.
- You will define, maintain and strengthen internal controls for reporting routines
- You will perform regular activities of the CRCO Reporting team. These responsibilities include:
- Monthly/periodic data extract process, including validation of data feeds into source systems
- Preparation and Distribution of monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports while maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy
- Analyze and compile data/information related to enterprise, legal entity, and individual business unit issue management activity
- Coordinate the gathering of additional information and/or data from supplying sources and entities for aggregated reporting requirements
- Research and resolve issues impacting reporting accuracy
- Enhance and maintain end-to-end data collection, processing, and reporting
- You will support the Director of Reporting and CRCO leadership in generating reporting requirements to support updates to Sr. Management Governance & Management routines, including:
- Enterprise Controls Committee (ECC)
- Executive Committee of the Americas (ECA)
- Risk Committee of the Board (RCOB)
- Board of Directors (BOD)
- Safety & Soundness Governance Committee (SSGC)
- Information Technology Governance Committee (ITGC)
- Regulatory Reviews
- Other routines and reviews as determined by CRCO Leadership
You will have the following qualifications:
- 4 year university degree in related field
- 5+ years financial industry experience
- 2-3 years' experience in the generation and delivery of executive management reporting
- Strong proficiency in the use of reporting environments, systems, and applications including:
- Database Administrator Access/SQL Server
- Business Objects/Tableau
- Proven experience applying process design and improvement techniques and tools
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong social skills and the ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral) to all staff levels.
- Sound working knowledge and experience using and applying process improvement standard methodologies and techniques / methodologies in a structured reporting environment.