$80K — $90K
Apply online at www.ymcavp.org/employment
Under the direction of the VP of Operations and in harmony with the mission and purpose of the established policies and goals of the YMCA of the Virginia Peninsulas, the Center Executive Director is responsible for the management, oversight and success of a multi-faceted, family-oriented operation. Key areas of responsibility include: build/maintain a robust center advisory board, grow the center’s Annual Giving Campaign, build community relations/partnerships, effective communication and coordination between center program lines and with association program line leaders/supervisors. The Center Executive collaboratively delivers high quality programs and services, while growing enrollment. Oversight of effective/efficient center business systems consistent with association practices and staff coaching/development will also be key in this role.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred. Y-USA Multi-Team Leader Certification (or equivalent) required within two years and must begin working towards certification within 6 months.
2. Minimum of five or more years of experience in leading a multi-faceted YMCA or a similar organization.
3. Experience managing a budget of at least $2.5M with established annual campaign success of at least $150,000.
4. Experience in leading staff teams of at least 100 staff members and Center Board of Managers/Advisory Boards of at least 15 members.
5. Highly motivated with the consistent ability to meet or exceed goals, cultivate and retain members, volunteers and program participants.
6. Ability to quickly build rapport and develop effective relationships with members, volunteers, program prospects and others to achieve goals.
7. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changing contexts and priorities.
8. Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision-making.
9. Ability to understand, adapt to and interact with diverse people, teams, perspectives and cultures.
10. Proficient in using email, Internet, and other PC-based applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, customer service/tracking applications) with the ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
11. Certification in CPR/ First Aid/AED/02 required within 60 days of hire.
12. Complete and maintain required trainings to include: New Employee Orientation (NEO), Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention (CAP), and Sexual Harassment.
13. Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check and Child Protective Services check.
· Manages/provides oversight to the center budget, managing to/within revenue and expense targets.
· Prepares and updates revenue and expense forecasts to center budget as needed.
Membership & Program Quality/Growth
· Achieves all established goals and objectives set forth in the strategic plan as well as association goals, including net promoter scores.
YMCA Leadership® Competencies (Multi-Team Leader):
Engaging Community, Communication & Influence, Inclusion, Collaboration, Emotional Maturity, Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Developing Self & Others, Philanthropy, Change Leadership, Fiscal Management.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with YMCA policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work.
· Works collaboratively with program line leaders to select and supervise staff in related areas: develops annual benchmarks that address goals and objectives of both the Center and the Association.
Skills and Ability Requirements:
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents.
2. Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
3. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Must be able to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as budget preparation and program planning.
4. Ability to reason and define difficult problems with limited direction as to means and results.
5. Ability to meet the physical demands of this position, which include mobility for touring facilities, travel to conferences, and participating in promotional and special events sponsored by the Association.
6. Ability to work and guide others through problem solving and center management.
Effect on End Result:
1. Continued growth of the budget, membership and program enrollment.
2. Increased utilization of volunteers in YMCA programs.
3. The effectiveness of the center advisory boards and board committees.
4. Achievement of Center and Association operating objectives.
5. Achievement of the annual giving campaign goal.
6. Development of an effective and efficient staff committed to the success of the center.
7. Development of a well maintained, safe, clean and efficiently run facility for members, program participants and staff, which enhances member satisfaction.
Valid through: 4/21/2021