At Sylvan, we are building academic confidence, igniting intellectual curiosity, and inspiring the love of learning. We believe education is everything. A child’s future depends on a solid education and a love of learning. We teach our students how to learn, so they build confidence and develop the skills needed to achieve success in school and beyond.
Making sure learning clicks for each child isn’t always easy, but it’s exactly what we love. When you choose Sylvan as a career, you join a group of caring, bright and motivated people who share a passion for making learning personal and inspiring kids to thrive. Join us in changing lives!
Sylvan Learning is a franchise organization and is the leading provider of tutoring to students of all ages, grades and skill levels with more than 700 centers located throughout North America.
Are you an energetic, flexible team player with a positive attitude and willingness to go beyond the scope of the job to help your team meet its objectives? Are you looking for a Company where you can grow and develop your career while building a skillset that will last a lifetime?
Then we want you!
As a successful Center Director you are expected to:
- Maximize student enrollments
- Execute best marketing practices to increase buzz and awareness of Sylvan Learning in your region
- Deliver platinum level service to ensure parents and kids not only keep coming back, but also find themselves talking about Sylvan to strangers while waiting for their iced mocha
- Manage your Center’s performance, including revenue, expenses, and collections
- Oversee consultations and conferences with parents alongside your educational staff
- Develop, maintain, and grow relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations with the help of your educational director
- Recruit, train, and manage Center employees
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Two to three years of sales, marketing or people interaction experience with a strong focus on customer service
- The ability to influence and build relationships
- The know-how to manage a business and communicate effectively through writing
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work some evening hours, and some Saturdays
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business contributing towards the success of our company. Our total rewards package includes:
• Competitive market pay based compensation.
• Comprehensive benefits plans to include, medical, dental & vision plans for full time employees
• Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!