What we provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The PerkinElmer Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within our organization. We offer cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. The sales team works closely with an integrated Field Applications Support team who helps to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers. We seek a motivated, independent, and entrepreneurial minded individual to leverage the existing momentum to further drive expansion of our imaging portfolio.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals assigned to the territory.
- Development, implementation and execution of strategic business plan specific to the territory.
- Develop a strong, working technical knowledge of entire Imaging product portfolio, scientific applications involved and end markets.
- Grow the Cellular Imaging business in accordance with strategic business goals.
- Assess and actively communicate Revenue Recognition to minimize the sales cycle timeline.
- Demonstrate customer commitment through regular customer follow-up, timely complaint resolution and by acting as Voice of Customer (VOC) as appropriate.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other team members.
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
- BS in a Life Science discipline
- 2 yrs. Technical sales OR Lab experience in Life Sciences (microscopy and imaging disciplines) selling directly to Life Science Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech
Preferred Qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities
- MS, PhD and/or MBA in a scientific discipline or equivalent are preferred.
- 3-5 yrs.+ Technical sales experience in Life Sciences (microscopy and cellular imaging disciplines).
- Knowledge of broad range of cellular and functional scientific applications and imaging instrumentation with a particular focus on live cell imaging and analysis.
- Experience in selling directly to Life Science Laboratories, Academic Institutions, Pharma and Biotech
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals/activities.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- ·Willingness to travel 20% overnight travel