As a world leader in wireless, broadband and internet technologies, Motorola Solutions is making products smarter – and life better – by unleashing the creativity of thousands of professionals from every corner of the globe. The Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance team is responsible for ensuring our products meet regulatory requirements and partner with engineering teams around the world.
- Energy technology subject matter expert for Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride and Nickel Cadmium chemistries
- Technical leader focused on developing new cell technology for next generation 2-way radios, converged devices and audio/video accessories
- Performs technology scouting activities to continually monitor industry research, collaborations at Universities, energy startup companies, conferences for potential improvements and breakthroughs in energy technology.
- Collaborates with next generation energy suppliers to evaluate viability of new energy technology
- Chair a Strategic Component Team for Energy responsible for the selection, evaluation and qualification of advanced lithium based rechargeable cells
- Manage and maintain cell technology roadmaps for existing and new suppliers
- Drive continuous improvement for cell quality through regular supplier factory manufacturing audits
- Develop performance and test specifications to meet next generation product energy requirements
Additional Qualified Skills:
- Strong understanding in electrochemical cell technology and characterization of technology and proficient in the use of electrochemical test equipment such as high precision cell cycling equipment; accelerated rate calorimetry for heat generation and total energy release; AC impedance spectroscopy.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of all aspects of the cell manufacturing process and ability to execute supplier quality audits.
- Experience with cell factory quality audit plan development, execution and process improvement projects.
- Competent in statistics and applicable statistical software tools (MiniTab) including analysis of DOEs and process quality data.
- Ability to use failure analysis methods and tools to identify defects and anomalies in electrochemical cells and materials, electrical components and circuit assemblies, mechanical components.
- Ability to interpret results from high resolution optical microscopy, operation and interpretation of 2D and Computed Tomography Xray; physical cross-sectional analysis and provide clear results on failure analysis to engineering and design teams.
- Familiar with cell level performance evaluations and safety characterizations.
- Collaborate and contributes effectively with all levels of researchers and engineers to advance new cell technology in materials and cell design.
- Familiar with regulatory and safety test standards related to cell certifications.
- 10+ years experience in cell technology field, all chemistries