Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
8 - 10 years
Posted 27 days ago
Details: A Cell Operations Manager job in Middletown, CT is now accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct benefited position with our key aerospace client. To be considered, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in a business and/or technical discipline required, PMP Certification a plus, and 7+ years of experience. In this role you will be responsible for the daily operational management of the cell that includes, but is not limited to, the personnel, quality, materials, delivery and costs.
• Plan, lead and manage all functions necessary to manufacture and deliver assigned products in accordance with the contract and other related requirements such as quality, procurement regulations, cost control/budgets, engineering change control, environmental compliance, safety, etc.
• Employ performance improvement principles to streamline processes.
• Establish and maintain metrics that track performance in areas such as quality, schedule, cost, delivery, etc.; monitor and implement corrective actions, as appropriate.
• Support the development and control of manufacturing budgets to attain company objectives.
• Present status reports and schedule updates to Management on a regular basis.
• Guide and direct the cell(s) and its members in the areas of production, manufacturing engineering, planning, material acquisition and inspection.
• Assist in the development of long and short-range plans, operating procedures and objectives.
• Plan and determine manpower requirements based on forecasts.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with/between Program Management, functional groups, management and customers to address problems and their resolution.
• Maintain properly trained staff to support the overall function and corporate goals in accordance with company policy and federal/state regulations.
• Maintain high standard of performance expectations from cell(s) employees through appropriate evaluations and training such that the overall cell(s) demonstrates continuous improvement.
• Conduct regular meetings to inform employees of general activities, company and corporate related actions.
• Conduct reviews consistent with ISO procedures.
• Plan and implement lean activities for continuous process improvements.
• Support and enforce environmental and safety regulations.
Cell Operations Manager Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business and/or technical discipline required. PMP Certification a plus.
• 7 to 10 years of experience. Experience with difficult work on highly technical or involved projects presenting new or constantly changing problems.
• Experience supervising up to 20 people.
• Broad knowledge of a general technical field such as manufacturing or electronics.
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation application software.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills and ability to read/interpret schematics/blueprints.
• Duties require outstanding judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex factors and ideas not easily evaluated and the making of decisions based on conclusions for which there is little precedent.