Cell and Biomarker Preservation Sales Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Medical Equipment
Job Description Summary
Reports to the Director ofSales, CBP. The CBPSales Specialist isresponsible for developing the market and drivingsales growth for the BD Vacutainer Molecular Diagnostics and Proteomics Products.
In this role, the CBPSales Specialist is accountable for understanding overall CBP market strategy,portfolio solutionsales, and achieving profit objectives in assigned C.R.O.’s, Bio-Pharmaceutical companies, Research Laboratories, Esoteric MDx Laboratories, and Academic Research Centers.
The Molecular Diagnostic products consist of the Plasma Preparation Tube (PPT), Cell Preparation Tube (CPT) and PreAnalytiX products including PAXgene BloodRNA, DNA tubes, and ccfDNA tubes. Proteomics products consist of P100, P800 tubes for collection and stabilization of plasma proteins and metabolic peptides.
Activities will include lead generation,qualification, and follow-up, product solution introduction, technical product application presentations at customer sites andtrade shows, supporting ongoing product evaluation and validation, opportunity development, management, and closing, technicaltroubleshooting, and comprehensive postsalescustomer support.
Expectation: The CBP Sales Specialist is responsible for having full command of BD’s long term strategic direction and be able to communicate that strategy to the customer. Using this knowledge, demonstrate the value proposition of the assigned product portfolio to be consistent with the needs of the customer.
Solution Selling: Call on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical, and research outcome benefits, deliver product solutions, and prepare economic models / proposals within company guidelines.
Strategic Impact/Accountability: Responsible for the attainment of regional and assigned key account budget objectives. Coordinates the implementation of marketing, technical services, scientific affairs, and contracting programs across assigned accounts. Responsible for key account revenue and profitability performance. Liaison between assigned key accounts and business headquarters.
Sphere of Influence: With the US team, set and achieve business unit goals including driving for sales growth and increased market share. Prioritize opportunities and mobilize resources to drive CBP sales and market share growth. Work in collaboration with Core PAS Sales Consultants, VWR and Fisher Reps, as well as their PreAnalytix Molecular Specialist counterparts to meet customer expectations. Determine the sales needs and deploy resources as appropriate to achieve growth expectations.
Demonstrated Leadership Capabilities: Anticipate customer needs and market priorities. Assist in developing a high performance US CBP team. Coach and mentor core PAS Sales Consultants to achieve PPT sales growth in Molecular Diagnostic laboratories. Strive to achieve a proven record of developing and influencing others. Possess skill in delivering all types of feedback. Seek feedback and take appropriate action. Effectively manage relationships across one-company initiatives.
Build Customer Loyalty: Responsible for customer satisfaction within assigned key accounts. Establish rapport with key opinion leaders across all market segments covered. Build and maintain strong relationship with customers and gain their respect and trust. Develop significant understanding and characteristics of segment and market trends.
Entrepreneurial Initiatives: Effectively cope with change and show ability to flex work style effectively to meet the challenges of a dynamic, changing environment.
Learning for Tomorrow: Identify and participate in advanced training needs to continuously learn and advance market knowledge. Adapt and learn quickly when facing new market conditions or changes in business conditions.
Degree of Accountability: Accountable for revenue and market share performance in assigned key accounts. Lead and support the tactical implementation plans associated with the US CBP business strategy.
Decision Making: Work collaboratively with the Director of Sales, CBP and other functions (marketing, platform team leaders, sales operations, finance) by managing the decision making process.
Cooperation: Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with all BD personnel as a member of the local account team to achieve regional objectives through the communication of successful tactics and recommendations for continuous improvements in procedures, strategies, and specific processes.
- BS or BA in relevant Life Sciences including Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology, or closely related discipline. MS/PhD/MBA preferred.
- 5 plus years of documented sales experience and team leadership experience.
- Advanced understanding of one or more of the following molecular research or diagnostics fields required: Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genomics, and Infectious disease, Nucleic Acid Testing (NAT), Virology, Oncology, Immunology, Genetics, and Pathology. Understanding of protein separation and purification technologies including immunoassay, chromatography, electrophoresis, and mass spectrometry is required.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, with ability to make effective, independent decisions.
- Has a broad knowledge of the BD PAS core and PAS CBP product portfolio.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplifies the BD Core Values
- Strong financial and analytical skills and applicability to business plan development
- Creates urgency and proactively manages change
- Build and/or lead effective teams
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated successful coaching and mentoring
- Requires up to 10-15% travel across territory
Job ID R-22614