As a Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) Manager for RK&K you will have the opportunity, with the support of our Executive Leadership, to build and manage our CEI and Construction Management practice in Austin, TX. This will include developing and managing a team of Inspectors, Field Engineers and Project Teams to Project Management. The CEI Manager will play a critical role on our CEI team in Austin, TX by developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the Public and Private sectors throughout the area.
If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and managing large, complex highway and bridge construction projects, this is the opportunity for you.
- Lead and/or manage all elements of projects to ensure contract compliance for roadway and bridge construction
- Develop and maintain area Construction Management/Inspection Services staff by recruiting, selecting, managing and training employees; establishing personal growth opportunities and measuring performance.
- Demonstrate knowledge of on-call service contracts as well as mining contracts for task orders.
- Represent RK&K in front of existing and future clients on all aspects of construction engineering inspection and management
- Conduct client site visits and support business development activities
- Identify, negotiate and secure new business opportunities within Austin TX and bordering cities
- Mentor staff by training employees, establishing personal growth opportunities and conducting performance evaluations
- Routinely utilize internal systems for client relationship and project management
- Update and track financial information including cost projections for projects.
- Participate in Preconstruction Services (scoping, utility conflicts, constructability & biddability).
- Manage the Project Close-out process, including as-builts, final quantities and final acceptance.
- Focus attention on the success of key project elements: Safety & Environmental, Quality, Schedule and Cost.
Required Technical and Functional Skills:
- Minimum ten (10) years highway construction project management experience.
- Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) experience in roadway, utilities and structures.
- Knowledge of Construction Management/Inspection Services industry, challenges, competitors and business development strategy.
- Site Manager experience preferred
- Understanding of QA/QC development and execution process.
- Familiarity with interpreting contract specifications and standards. TXDOT and local public agency experience required
Required Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or similar
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas
- Recruiting and managing CEI Inspectors and Resident Engineers on TXDOT, municipal and county projects.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or ability to attain credential
- Material certifications are a plus (Asphalt, Concrete, Erosion Control, Earthwork, Foundations, etc.).