POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Incumbent is responsible for the successful installation of NCR and/or 3rd party solutions for medium to large sized customers, including hardware, software and network implementations, while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and quality.
• As Customer Engineer Representative II, successfully complete all implementation activities assigned with assistance from other team members in a moderately complex environment. Complexity is defined by project scope requirements (# of lanes, devices or terminals), integration of hardware components and level of risk.
• Primary responsibility is deployment of hardware installation solution in Restaurant and Fast Food environment.
• Responsible for leading installation activity at customer locations to ensure timely and high quality solution; responsible for guiding and directing on-site installation resources.
• Verify site environment meets the requirements during installation or deployment. Installation of customer POS solution per the installation plan, certify that the configuration or setup of the product meets customer's requirements.
• Secondary responsibility may include preventative maintenance services or hardware repairs on equipment within an assigned territory and/or outside of local servicing area.
• Position may include hardware maintenance services, network management, multi-vendor maintenance and software integration support. This role may include site preparation, equipment staging, software configuration, and conversion of hardware solution.
• Responsible for ownership of customer issues/requests that are voiced or observed and acts appropriately; may provide support to Associate Customer Engineer, NCR Account Team Representative and/or Service Technician when necessary.
• Provide continuity of customer operations and high level customer satisfaction; Manage customer incidents as assigned; Build working relationships with customers and develop informal communication channels with account and project team.
• Works as a member of extended Account Team and other internal organizations.
• May conduct end-user training and hardware orientation at the customer’s site.
- High School diploma or equivalent (though an Associate’s Degree is preferred).
- Up to three years of related experience (but more than that is always a plus).
- A+ Certification, PC skills, basic electronic skills, and some specific hardware and operating system familiarity.
- Knowledge of systems architecture, database management systems, and network and systems management systems.
- Amazing flexibility and a positive attitude. No. Matter. What. (We’re talking some nights, weekends, overtime, flex shifts, and being on call to keep our customers happy.)
- A strong back. This position may require prolonged travel, rotating shifts, carrying and lifting tools and parts weighting up to 50 lbs., and bending, squatting, walking, standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.