Battelle is seeking a CCUS Project Engineer to support the Energy Resource Division in Research and Development (R&D) programs.
Development of commercially focused carbon capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS) projects including leading project screening studies, FEED studies, site characterization tasks, design on carbon capture and surface support facilities, injection well design, monitoring plan development, permitting plans, and site injection operations. This position will work to meet the needs of a large variety of clients, including the commercial and industrial clients, as well as the Department of Energy, the Department of Defense, and other Government organizations. Responsibilities include identifying project sponsors, working to conceptualize, propose, and execute projects, interfacing between Battelle's team of engineers, geoscientists, and the project sponsor to meet all project milestones, identify and oversee required vendors to support field data collection, and completion of internal reporting requirements.
- High technical quality; ingenuity, creativity; work with client to define technical objectives
- Reports and Presentations: Responsible for reports and presentations to client (including technical content and status reporting vs. schedule)
- General understanding of CCUS, subsurface characterization, modeling, well design, well permitting (including Class II and Class VI permits), risk and economic analysis, pipeline routing, carbon capture technologies, and MRV plans.
- Understanding of commercial CCUS opportunities, especially those pertaining to 45Q and LCFS projects.
- Ability to lead project proposals, including conceptualization, client interaction, budgeting, schedule development, delivery and presentation.
- Conduct/lead major technical projects w/time and budget constraints with minimal guidance from management; prepare status reports and presentations; instruct others about safety procedures
- Regularly train and direct work of other staff
- Help develop business growth and focus area strategies
- Formal & informal interaction with clients, including reports and presentations; may be primary POC; strong interpersonal skills, valuable, knowledgeable
- Prepare/present proposal content, scope clearance and risk assessment forms; follow up as required
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Geology, or related field
- With 5years of experience in the CCUS, EOR or other closely related fields.
- Demonstrated project management experience with commercial and industrial clients
- Self-motivated, organized, and exhibits leadership
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master's degree or Ph.D.
- Demonstrated experience with CCUS pilot projects
- Experience with 45Q or LCFS qualification, Class VI permitting, and MRV plans.
- Experience working the Department of Energy and other Government funding agencies