8 - 10 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Our client is hiring a Counterpart Credit Risk (“CCR”) Analyst to join the CCR team.
This candidate will create guidelines for actions CCR personnel should take to fulfill its mandate to identify, rate, and monitor the credit risk of member and participant firms and repurchase agreement counterparties, depository banks and money market, Line of Credit Providers, and critical vendors.
This candidate is responsible for leading and developing a team of credit analysts and providing oversight of a portfolio consisting of banks, broker-dealers, and otherfinancial institutions.
- Approve completed annual reviews and ongoing surveillance of member firms across clearing corporations
- Coordinate requirements for the design of credit risk monitoring tools to further automation
- Review credit thresholds for Treasury counterparties to assure adherence to policy standards
- Work with CCPs, Legal, and Compliance, to maintain transparency when communicating
- Manage and develop staff of approximately 2-5 analysts.
- Oversee new member applications to ensure compliance with membership requirements
- Act as first-line of approval in placing member firms on enhanced surveillance.
- Demonstrate the behaviors and competencies that create a risk management mindset in the organization
- Drive regulatory awareness and compliance and ensure adherence to risk-related policies and best practices
- Ensure compliance with CCR’s policies and procedures
- 7+ years of experiencerisk management or financial analyst
- 4+ years of managerial experience
- 4+ years of experience working in financial statement analysis of numerous types of financial sector firms
- Knowledge of credit risk modeling and experience with a broad range of financial products
- Strong hands on work experience with financial statement analysis as well as broker/dealers, banks, hedge funds, and foreign entities
- Understanding of the regulatory financialreporting required for broker/dealers and bank such as FOCUS and Call Reports
- Strong understanding of regulatory rules and regulations
- Excellent understanding of global market risks and their impact on members’ financial condition
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics. MBA or CFA Preferred.