Job DescriptionThe Connected Customer and Mobility Solutions organization develops, in an Agile/SAFe environment, the technologies enabling a new generation of connected vehicles worldwide. This includes call centers located in multiple countries backed by two world class data centers. Our technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, driver customization opportunities, and advanced active safety systems including autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry which enables the capture of extensive amount of vehicle data to our Big Data platform. Our innovation teams are driving game changing technology to the consumer and the automotive industry.
Why Work For CCMS
We are passionate about building high quality systems that solve complex problems on a global scale. Our team is inclusive, made up of forward-thinking software engineers who enjoy working together to develop innovative software solutions in an environment where new ideas and unique perspectives are embraced. Our business is fast paced and constantly evolving to get provide new features and capabilities to market, while conforming to global regulations. CCMS applications are developed on mobile, web and in-vehicle customer platforms. CCMS leverages in-vehicle platforms, private cloud, PCF, J2EE and Big Data backend services, allowing opportunities to work in numerous technologies across numerous applications.
Who You Are
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with partners, advance impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. In addition, you will also be responsible for the following:
What You Do
- Coach the assigned GVCS Agile Release Train (ART) on and demonstrate SAFe standard methodologies
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and using various tools such as Program and Solution Kanban’s and other information radiators
- Establish and communicate the calendars for iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives synthesis of a vision, roadmap, backlogs, and through pre and post-PI planning events
- Facilitate the PI Planning events
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Coach leaders, teams and scrum masters in lean-agile practices and approaches
- Help lead risks and dependencies
- Advance and track impediments
- Provide recommendations on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices of DevOps and Release on Demand in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
Additional Job Description
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in technical focus
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Scrum Master certification and/or Scaled Agile certification
- Proven track record of successful delivery of sophisticated programs and projects
- Proven competency to effectively interact at all levels across the organization, working to build and maintain successful relationships across all departments.
- Proven consultative, conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation skills to gain consensus and ensure delivery of initiatives.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and meet strict deadlines with sudden and unpredictable changes that may occur.
- Demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problem, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting upon a course of action.
- Ability to improve current processes and procedures; present opportunities for change and help implement them for the benefit of the firm.
- Proficient in the tools and activities commonly used in an agile development environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage others in an indirect organizational structure, and across multiple physical locations.
- Broad understanding of the different technology skillsets
- Team oriented, collaborate, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities