Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm.
Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation.
We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice.
Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk.Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others.
This Fraud Risk, VP role requires strong leadership, collaboration, analytical skills, communication, and attention to detail.
Responsibilities include partnering with various internal team members of the Card Identity Risk team, interfacing directly with senior members of the product and marketing organizations, and with external partners of the firm.
This role requires understanding of various types of Fraud/Risk management including Bustout, Credit Abuse, Fraudulent Application, and Account Take over.
This role also requires an understanding of controls and risk management frame work across acquisition and portfolio management. The position has a high level of visibility outside of the Fraud Risk organization and requires the ability to present and interface with senior management.
- Oversight of new business initiatives and strategies specific to our partner products
- In depth review and understanding of the performance of existing Risk strategies across various products and channels
- Creation of new reporting and analytics across a variety of fraud and risk types
- Representing the Card Identity Risk team to senior leadership and external partners
- Creation of new controls or requirements for new business initiatives and products
- Partnering with internal team members and other areas of Chase (IT, Operations, Controls) to both rationalize and implement new strategies
- Present strategies to leadership for approval, obtaining executive buy-in
- Ensure compliance with existing control structure while driving future enhancements to our control structure
- Monitor emerging trends and capabilities
- Communicate across lines of business and all key stakeholder groups
- 5+ years of experience in the consumer/card industry preferably in a fraud or risk management role
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline from an accredited college/university preferred
- Data analytics skills and experience are a requirement
- Experience with SAS, Python, R, SQL
- Working knowledge of banking regulations specific to Credit Card functions, including acquisition, portfolio management, and payment structures
- Demonstrated leadership in applying analytics to efficiently and pragmatically solve business problems through structured problem solving approaches
- Demonstrated ability
- Experience in Risk management disciplines
- Knowledge of business practices within the Credit Card industry is a plus
- Proven track record of developing effective controls and managing operational risk
- Proven ability to evaluate the business climate, anticipate change and develop compensating strategies/vision
- History of communicating to senior leaders of an organization
- Working knowledge of payment channels and the unique risks associated with each channel
Req #: 180034064