CCB - Risk - Core Mortgage Modeler - Assoc
Our Firmwide Risk Function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm.
Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation.
We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice.
Consumer & Community BankingRisk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Mortgage Modeling Associate will be a key member of the Risk Core Mortgage Modeling and Analytics team. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to use their experience with data manipulation, query efficiency techniques, reporting, and automation.
Additionally, the candidate will build a solid understanding of Chase Mortgage Banking businesses, functions, systems, data environments, and processes that are necessary for the production and utilization of data.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, testing, and maintaining analytic applications needed for modeling, forecasting and model performance monitoring
- Assisting the model development team with day to day analytics, analysis, and ad hoc work
Analyzing model results to identify and recommend improvement opportunities
- Creating and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Training customers on how to install and/or use custom built applications and data repositories
- Developing and producing quarterly reporting deck highlighting forecast accuracy and portfolio trends for user testing monitoring
The candidate must have an educational background in quantitative discipline. A MS or PhD is preferred.
The candidate must have a sound understanding of data processing and reporting, as well as the tools used to access data and to produce reports. Knowledge and experience in statistical or econometric modeling is a significant plus.
The candidate also must have the ability to partner with customers inside and outside of the department to understand their needs and to assist them in utilizing available tools and data. The ideal candidate will possess both strong technical skills and an understanding of real estate lending.
- 3+ years of related analytical experience
- 3+ years experience designing and developing efficient SAS code for use in automated/distributed data processing systems on UNIX based platforms. SAS programming is a must.
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- In addition to SAS, strong Excel, Access, Power Point, SharePoint and data mining skills programming skills are also preferred
- Ability to synthetize disparate data sources into actionable information
- Experience with C++ would be helpful
- Strong organization and time management skills. Must have the ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines and be comfortable manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data. Should have good multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to manage expectations and deliver results.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
- Knowledge of version control tools and processes (Subversion, CVS, Clear Case, etc.)
- Knowledge of the mortgage lending lifecycle including origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation, credit risk modeling and loss forecasting methodology is a major plus
- Must be able make contributions to the group’s knowledge base by proposing new and valuable ways for approaching problems and projects. Teamwork and first-rate communication skills (written and verbal) are key to this role
Req #: 180028314_1