Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm.
Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice.
Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The CCB Strategic Analytic Lead will be accountable for helping develop, implement and monitor risk strategies for Business Banking.
The role will work closely with other risk teams within CCB and collaborate across the organization to accomplish their goals. In this position, the analyst will organize, plan, and direct Concept, Requirements, & Analysis phase deliverables for medium-to large sized projects.
Their responsibilities will include developing key strategies in support of expanding and controlling the product. In order to be successful, the individual should understand business problems, and independently evaluate and recommend solutions. The role will also be involved in driving solutions to address current gaps.
- Role will be part of the Business Banking Strategic Analytics team
- Primary directive will be analytic in nature, with focus on strategy development
- Ensure accurate implementation of approved strategies
- Develop and maintain key reports, informing management of progress and controls
- Maintaining and validating updated Credit Policy and Guidelines in accordance with implementations
- Data mining activities, report build and automation, and ability to understand complex data relationships
- Identifies areas of improvement with existing processes and develops solutions that meet the needs of Business Banking Risk
- Creative thinker that can define new alternatives to address the enhanced control environment
- Leadership abilities with strong teamwork and communication skills
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Project Planning skills along with strong facilitation and presentation skills
- 8+ years financial services experience, preferably in credit card, consumer or business banking
- Minimum 3+ years of business analysis experience in business process and technology integration projects
- 4 year college degree, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with data environments, report writing tools, SAS, SQL and understanding of complex data relationships
- Manage a high priority initiative in the CCB Risk organization
- Work closely with senior business leadership to define requirements and develop solutions; create order out of ambiguity; set direction
- Identify and help implement continuous process enhancements/improvements
- Identify opportunities to automate or streamline current processes, focus on driving efficiency and improvements in controls
- Data mining skills, including use of Knowledge Seeker or other related software
- Experience driving business requirements through software development life cycle and coordinating the execution of project plans
- Demonstrated problem solving orientation and ability to create structured quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a very fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Critical thinking, thought leadership and proven business acumen
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Relationship builder – who is solutions oriented and can effectively link the interest of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly and work independently
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment
- Experience managing resources that are geographically distributed and culturally diverse
- Proven ability to make complex decisions based on experience, analysis and judgment.
- Preferred experience in credit risk management, or internal strategy roles in the Consumer financial services industry
Req #: 180016041_1