CCA Design Engineer (Electrical Engineer)
11 - 15 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
- Ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of digital CCA design process including; requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test
- Understand the requirements and architect a digital CCA solution including the use of TI DSP processors, Freescale or Intel Processors, Microcontrollers, FPGAs, CPLDs, and volatile/no-volatile memory (DDRx, SRAM, ROM, Flash…) components
- Design 10G Ethernet based Network Interface
- Utilize experience with board technologies such as HDI, Meg6, and back drilling
- Design high speed memory interfaces (DDRx)
- Utilize thorough understanding of the Cadence software suite used to generate the circuit card designs (Schematic Capture, Constraint-Driven, Layout, Simulation, and Timing Analysis)
- Work independently and lead a team of designers in generating the digital CCA design solutions and support the complete testing and qualification of the deliverable system
- Utilize experience with high speed serial protocols (PCIe/Gen3 PCIe, SRIO, and Ethernet)
- BS Degree in electrical/computer engineering
- 10+ years of related experience (or 8+ years of related experience with a Master's degree)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with design for test and design for manufacturability techniques
- Experience using Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator, Subversion, Python or Perl
- Ability to write C++ and use Microsoft Visual Studio
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is desired
- This position requires the candidate to possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.