- The Senior Applications engineer is responsible for identifying, deploying and change managing a portfolio of allowable PLM processes and applications for successful project delivery.
- The candidate will work with customer and internal project management and functional teams to establish the mechanisms and communication channels for effective process change and training in a global delivery model.
- Leverage support functions and document a service level agreement ensuring applications are accessible, available and with appropriate technical support to meet engineering deliverables. They will leverage necessary support to overcome any technical challenges in getting the data flowing.
- The candidate will be based at / or close to the customer site in the short term; and remain flexible based on requirement, project need.
- Vehicle Programmes and Development is a growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on projects and programmes for our clients.
- Customer collaboration and SPOC for PLM process and applications such as CAD Mgmt, Release Mgmt, Change Mgmt, Issues Mgmt etc.
- Identify any customer business rules, standards for CAx data and make available to delivery with appropriate awareness training
- Establish communication channels and cadence for information cascade
- Ensure the project leverages value in existing internal process and tools and adapt if required
- Document process and application landscape with appropriate RASIC
- Document methods to bridge identified process gaps
- Define any back-office engineering services that may be required to support delivery such as translation, data exchange
- Ensure physical architecture and infra is suitable and fully operational to get data flowing
- Ensure performance of systems is appropriate
- Training and support planning and coordination to effectively disseminate knowledge to wider delivery functions
- Participate in customer facing Train-the-Trainer programmes
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in project delivery using PLM processes in the context of vehicle (Automotive) product development
- Effective communicator with technical and non-technical stakeholders on all levels from IT, PLM & engineering functional groups
- A pragmatic and multi-dimensional approach to problem solving. Ability to helicopter up giving a process overview and deep dive into detail validating a process benefit
- Capable of ensuring the technology solution delivered meets the organisation and project-specific constraints of cost / time at all levels
- Self-motivated and innovative; capable of architecting solutions to resolve complex technical challenges
- The technical pedigree and proven track-record of introducing new process / or process improvements into a global engineering business
- Good project management skills; ITIL trained a bonus
- Well organised and methodical in problem solving
- Willingness to be flexible and travel as required
- Good process mapping capability.
Required Technical Knowledge -
- Excellent working knowledge of CATIA V5 / V6 3D CAD / CAM
- Excellent working knowledge of Siemens Team Center PLM
- Practical experience of data exchange techniques and applications such as FTP, Aspera etc.
- Practical experience collaborating with tools such as GoToMeetings, WebEX, Skype
- Good practical use of O365 applications to support responsibilities
- Desirable Technical:
- Hyper KVS; VAG CONNECT applications and supporting processes
- Customer Centricity – Meets customer commitments, continually searches for ways to improve customer service. Delivers exceptional service/work and actively seeks feedback.
- Business Acumen – Understands the organisation’s mission and strategies, stays informed about industry practices and new developments and balances big picture concerns with day-to-day activities
- Decision Making – Makes timely decisions based on accurate logic, looks beyond symptoms to identify causes of problems, makes decisions in the face of uncertainty and takes all important issues into account when making decisions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Promotes teamwork among groups, involves others in shaping plans and decisions that affect them, facilitates discussion and resolution of different views
- Lead Courageously – Challenges “the way it has always been done”, demonstrates the courage to do what is right, takes well-reasoned stands on important issues
- Developing & Managing Relationships – Develops relationships with key people in other functions and at other levels, relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner.
- Execution Excellence – Conveys clear expectations for assignments, monitors progress of others and redirects efforts when goals are not being met, continually looks for ways to improve processes, products and/or services
- Drive for Results – Tackles problems and works to resolve them without delay, establishes high standards of performance and readily puts in extra time and effort
- Displays Global Perspective – Conveys an understanding of the organisation’s global market position, opportunities, capabilities and competitive threats. Helps others to develop a global mind-set when looking at issues and problems.